Picked up New Hawk

SlowernOlder

Picked up my new Hawk today at FWC. Front dinette, under bed storage, roof mount AC, King bed, 270 awning, exterior shower, solar and lithium batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.2.jpg
    IMG_0047.2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 158
longhorn1 said:
Congrats. Did you get the power roof raiser?
Yes I did get the internal roof raiser, I was the test mule. There were things that the walk through guy didn’t know. The design team didn’t account for the added height with the under-bed storage so the actuator wouldn’t raise the rear section of the roof all the way. They made an extended foot for it.

SlowernOlder said:
Yes I did get the internal roof raiser, I was the test mule. There were things that the walk through guy didn’t know. The design team didn’t account for the added height with the under-bed storage so the actuator wouldn’t raise the rear section of the roof all the way. They made an extended foot for it.
face palm.... :LOL: They didn't take the extra height into account? I guess i should not laugh too loud, having done my own share fo boneheaded things... but... laugh or cry?

Vic Harder said:
face palm.... :LOL: They didn't take the extra height into account? I guess i should not laugh too loud, having done my own share fo boneheaded things... but... laugh or cry?
And now the rest of the story... When they were doing the walk through and showing me how to lift the roof with the actuator the employee didn't release the snap that hold the front push bar. He bowed the ceiling before he realize what he was doing :oops: . Today I was inspecting the roof and noticed that the roof is bowed up so far it's touching the bottom of the solar panel mounts and the roof sheet metal is distorted. Sent them photos and will probably take it back to them on Monday. :(

Got the Camper back from FWC today. They striped the roof and repaired the frame. reinforced the lift mount areas and made some other adjustments.

I saw your camper when we toured the FWC factory a few days ago. Didn't get close, but Stan pointed it out to us.

Glad they fixed it and got it back to you!

JHanson said:
Congratulations . . . but that was quite a traumatic introduction!
Yes, congratulations on your new camper and hope it brings you years of joy and good camping! :)

And, is FWC reinforcing the lift mount areas on all new campers after this?

How is your camper working out for you? I pick up my new Kawk in September and am most interested in the new Truma on demand hot water heater and Truma furnace. I have heard great things about them but would like to hear your experience?

Back
Top Bottom