Picked up the Cougar!

cvc

Advanced Member
Picked up the Cougar on Tuesday. Marty had the truck prepped and the camper ready to load on the truck in about three hours. He gave me some tips on loading it and tying it down, then Ben walked me thur the rest of it. We couldn't be happier with the camper. The fit and finish is excellent. Marty, Jeff, Ben, and Don did a great job!

The options we got: flood lights, mechanical jacks, awning, screen door, deadbolt, extended closet, fluorescent lights, aux battery system, electric water pump, additional 12 volt outlet, fantastic fan over the bed, and a sliding front window.

In addition, they installed an 85 watt solar panel, a battery controller, an am/fm/cd player, two 4" speakers, and a small (non opening) window on drivers side front.

I'll post some pictures when I figure out this resizing thing.:confused: Ben posted some on the ATC customer photo section.

Our first trip in the new camper will be to Bodega Bay next weekend.:D

I highly encourage anyone contemplating the purchase of a light weight pop up camper to give ATC a long, hard look. You won't be disappointed with the quality of the camper or the customer service!

Ward

thank you

CVC,

Thank you for the kind words. Give me a call and I might be able to walk you through the resize of the pics.

Bodega Bay trip

Ward There is a huge camp ground at Dillon Beach also, it's right on the beach and it's ran by private company, Lawson's I think. I used to have family in Dillon and visited several times over the years and that camp ground was a popular place, take a coat as it's cool there all year.

Well, its cool most of the time, if you have any kind of an onshore breeze. I've been there when its hotter than heck too.

Interior Pics

These pictures don't do the camper's fit and finish justice.....

Attachments

• php48UhUaPM.jpg
    php48UhUaPM.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 585
  • phpf2MkUdPM.jpg
    phpf2MkUdPM.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 630
  • phpFrbsgcPM.jpg
    phpFrbsgcPM.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 589
  • phpie5pETPM.jpg
    phpie5pETPM.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 593
  • phpQ1KWPZPM.jpg
    phpQ1KWPZPM.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 583
Pics

Ward,

Nice pics. Thank you for posting them. I guess you figured out the resize thing.:)

Front Settee in ATC

Hi Ben,

These shots of the panther show a front settee but on your website I didn't see any of the floor plans showing those and on FWC I only saw it on the hawks and grandby's not the eagle. Is this an option on any ATC. Also are those speakers I see in the cabinets?

Rich

front couch

Rich,

The pictures above are of a Cougar. It is an 8' camper and the front couch is standard. The reason there is not one on a Panther is that the cabinet will not allow us to put a couch across the front of a Panther camper. The Panther is 18" shorter than the Cougar and the cabinet goes almost all the way up to the front wall of the camper. In the Cougar we have more room up front. Even with the extra room though, we had to split the front cushion because the drivers side still slides a little bit under the cabinet.

Those are speakers that you see in the cabinets on CVC's camper. He brought a stereo and speakers to us to install in his camper. It is not something that we are offering yet as an option.

ATC Great Work

Ben,

I have to say that it looks like you do great work and I appreciate how active you are in this forum answering everyones questions. If I go new I will definitely swing by the factory and take a look at ATC. I live just above Sacramento not too far from Placerville.

Thanks again,

Rich

buying new

Rich,

Well thank you for that. I would appreciate a chance to sway you over to us.:D

CVC's first trip

CVC hasn't posted on this and I think the bad should go with the good. CVC went to Bodega Bay for his first trip and had the trip cut short. His first night out, it rained and there was a leak in the camper roof. He called me when they got back and brought the camper over to us. A roof leak is unheard of in our campers over the years and I hoped that it was something that we missed. What we found was that one of our experienced (I won't name them:) ) builders missed sealing the wires in the roof for the solar panel.

Once sealed and water tested for a few days, the camper was good to go again. There was no damage caused luckily and CVC is getting ready for the second outing in the camper. Just talked to him tonight to make sure the camper passed the wife inspection also after he got home and he told me it did. So I think he is ready to enjoy the next trip. Looking forward to hearing about it as soon as he gets back.

Back
Top Bottom