Pic's of the new hawk layout

keith

Contributors
We just returned from the 1st shakedown trip and must report everyting was great. We just love our new setup. It's hard to believe when standing outside haw much comfort is packed inside. The new cooktop and sink are great, and having a flat countertop is a huge improvement. The seating is also a huge improvement. Now for the mod's to begin!

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 753
More pic's

The waterfall is in Saline Valley.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 670
Wow. Thanks for sharing. The flush mount sink/stove...the king size bed... and the black fridge really make me wish they'd done these mods last year.
(we're scheming on how to cover all of this fake wood...the fridge being first on the list)

Have fun. See ya on the road!

mtn

Les
Saline was great. Not much in the way of flowers but a great trip none the less.

I thought about taking the jacks off. We kept a close eye on them at all the tight spots. I had wrenches if they needed to come off to clear an obstical. I really like being able to put the jacks down at night that way there is no need for the "If this campers rockin don't bother knocking" sticker.
How do you "lock" the jacks?
Slow is good. It's not the destination, it's the adventure on the way!
I've always said, a perfect trip is one with a compass heading and a flexible return date!

keith I second Les' suggestion. You will be misrable if a large unseen rock takes out a corner of that new camper.

I didn't realize the new FWC switched over to the flush mount appliances, I think they are nice. I picked some up like that which are currently in my garage awaiting installation. Not a bad call on the manufacturers part to include them in their build. :thumb:

Nice interior. Was it custom made for you? The interior pics on the FWC site don't look like that. Was the fridge a special option you chose?

I second this.

Nice interior. Was it custom made for you? The interior pics on the FWC site don't look like that. Was the fridge a special option you chose?

Didn't you pick this up a few weeks ago? If so, I assume it came that way from FWC. I like that interior very much. The cook top and sink with the hinged covers must give you all kinds of space and options for preparing meals, cleaning up and just hanging out in the camper. Very nice. :thumb:

Isn't it amazing how cold it can be at the water fall, but the hike there and back can be hot?

Yes, the flush mounted cooktop and sink are upgrade options. When you get those the countertop changes as well to the 2 color (white on the edge) The fridge is also an upgrade. All electric 12 volt / 110. No propane. I've had an engel and love the simplicity of not worring about the flame. The longest we stayed in 1 place was 1 1/2 days and the battery meter never moved. I do have dual batterys.
The seating is an option with no price change on my camper.

EdoHart
Yes 3 days before the trip I picked it up. It did come that way. We love it. The space improvment is huge! We left at about 7:30 on the walk and returned about 12:00. Must have been a 20 deg. diff at the water. When we got out of the canyon the wind had come up and the hot springs couldn't even be seen. It was our last day so an early departure after lunch was an easy choice. It was off to Darwin falls where it was beautiful.

Hey Keith: On your trip, did you make to China Garden Spring which is near Darwin Falls? It's a neat camping spot not far from Darwin Falls. There's lots of shade and a pond with koi fish in it.

Mark
We did make it to China Garden Spring. We didn't camp there but did spend an hour or so checking it and the area out. It's kinda strange to see gold fish in a desert spring. Might have expected pup fish. Then headed off toward Butterbrett Spring camping on the way near bird spring pass.

Back
Top Bottom