Pin-holes in vinyl on 2005 Eagle - best way to fix?

shear

Noticed 2 wear spots on the back corner of the vinyl (behind the lift panel so impossible to see from inside). Tiny pinholes, but I want to patch it before it gets worse and figure out how to not have that happen again. What's the best way to repair?!?!

Thanks!

Shoe GOO, maybe?
I haven't done this myself, but that's what I'd try if I needed a similar fix.

Vinyl cement and a piece of vinyl is a good way to go, another easier method would be tear aid type B for vinyl, it is a good product and is used to repair inflatable boats, I carry some in my repair kit.
https://www.tear-aid.com/

There is a product used for sealing the seams of tents that is water proof, flexible, and can fill large holes (like the size of a quarter) and is strong as hell. Seamgrip. You have to use some removable tape if you want to fill large holes but for pin holes it's easy as pie. I use it to fix shoes, thermarest pads, crampon damage in pant cuffs, etc. You can find it at most good outdoor shops. It is very strong and very flexible. Stronger than most materials that you will repair it with.

I called FWC and bought some matching vinyl material and some HH-66 vinyl cement. FWC instructed me on how to apply the patch. IMO that is the best way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom