Pizza

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
My wife picked up pre-made single size pizza crusts. She spread the tomato paste, placed green onion slices, dried tomato slices, and artichoke heart slices topped with an Italian 3 blend cheese. I pre-heated our camping gas grill on high for 10 minutes, turned the dial to low, placed on pizzas ' s directly on the grill and cooked for 8 minutes. Half way through, I turned the grill completely off. You can adjust the time down and even cook it with the gas turned completely off early on. Our crust was brown and toasted like we like. jd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

I've done it this way I also just added a cast iron lid for my Griswold No. 7 that allows me to do them on the stove for those times I don't want to break out the grill. One of those dinners that you can always keep some basics in the camper for and tastes oh so good.

I use english muffins, premade sauce and grated cheese. Toast the muffin first then load it up with pre sliced pepperoni and sausage. About ten minutes on the grill on low.

Cayuse said:
I've done it this way I also just added a cast iron lid for my Griswold No. 7 that allows me to do them on the stove for those times I don't want to break out the grill. One of those dinners that you can always keep some basics in the camper for and tastes oh so good.
Griswold is one of our favorites, as well as Warner! We carry a #4 for sauces and a #7 which fits a tortilla perfectly.
We're using Revereware for lids, and lids are critical for all kinds of cooking needs. I'll often pour a bit of water from the coffee pot under a lid to steam up a pizza and melt the cheese.

At home we do the same on a cast iron flat pan called a comal in Mexico. I turn cibatta bread into pizza servings frequently, including tonight with fresh basil, tomatoes from the garden, etc. You get the picture.

Back
Top Bottom