Plaskit Ridge, Big Sur camping

Paul84

Advanced Member
We’re heading back up towards the Big sur area next week. We are hoping to stay on or near Plaskit ridge area and maybe into Big Sur proper. We’ve never remote camped up that way and are looking for a good spot to pop up for a couple days. Any spots up that way that y’all can recommend? Well probably head into Monterey for a night and take the kids to the aquarium as well.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Kirk Creek campground not remote camp but nice and a great view. Great campground in Monterey is the Monterey Veterans, Memorial Park. Trip report Big Sur

Monterey Veterans park.
P1120088.jpg

We did find Sunman's secret spot but so windy and foggy we left.
index.php

Also not remote but Lime kiln Creek SP has some great sites close to the beach under the bridge.
We stayed there a couple years ago in the early spring.
Saw Gray Whales from our campsite table during dinner. We had # 11.
You should make reservations.You do know that you can't drive up the coast from the south.
Road closed at Mud Creek just north of Ragged Point.
You will need to drive down from the Monterey area or Take the Nacimiento Furgesson Rd out of the Hunter Liggett area.
It's the way to get to Sunman's spot.
Have a good trip. If you need additional info about the Monterey area PM me.
Frank

Kirk Creek is really hard to get in prime season so right now you might have a pretty good shot at getting a spot. Think you are referring to Prewitt Ridge which has several amazing options.

Thanks for the suggestions. Our plan is to cut across at Nacimiento road and head north. We’re going up without having any solid plans so we can stay flexible as to where we camp. If a spot is available at Kirk or limekiln we might stay at one of those. Ill check prewitt as well. Where is sunmans spot?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Also not remote but Lime kiln Creek SP has some great sites close to the beach under the bridge.
We stayed there a couple years ago in the early spring.
Saw Gray Whales from our campsite table during dinner. We had # 11.
You should make reservations.You do know that you can't drive up the coast from the south.
Road closed at Mud Creek just north of Ragged Point.
You will need to drive down from the Monterey area or Take the Nacimiento Furgesson Rd out of the Hunter Liggett area.
It's the way to get to Sunman's spot.
Have a good trip. If you need additional info about the Monterey area PM me.
Frank
Frank...where is sunmans spot?

Tomas Tierra said:
Frank forgot to write "sunmans SECRET spot" LOL
If you get to Pruitt ridge you will find it.. Have fun and give us a shout when you get back. And remember, we all love pictures!
TT
Sounds good...I’ll post up the pictures when were home. It’s ok, The secret is safe with me.

OK,during the Giants game Thursday there was a commercial for Hankook tires.
It showed an old FJ Toyota (Jeep size),going through mud, creeks,over rocks to end up at an overlook that had a strange resemblance to "Sunmans"spot over looking Pacific Valley.
I found the commercial on U Tube and played it a couple times and it sure looked like the area.
Those who know the spot check the video out to confirm that.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom