Platform

dburt

Howdy,
I’ve got a 2020 Lynx on a ‘96 Tacoma and I and going to get a Tundra. I’m guessing I will need to build a platform to raise the camper to get over the bedrails and cab. It would be even better if I could build some drawers or something in platform for storage. Has anyone done this? If so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

dburt said:
Howdy,
I’ve got a 2020 Lynx on a ‘96 Tacoma and I and going to get a Tundra. I’m guessing I will need to build a platform to raise the camper to get over the bedrails and cab. It would be even better if I could build some drawers or something in platform for storage. Has anyone done this? If so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance!
I’ve been threatening to do the same. I’ve got a 2014 Bobcat on a 2007 f150. As of now I’ve got 3 plywood “boxes” Marty made me running east and west that I think give me about 4” of extra clearance.

Check this out: https://youtu.be/jGi8sl3RawY

Cool thanks! On your boxes, are they bolted to the bed or anything?

They are screwed into the floor (which is a little scary being under the camper while on the tripod jacks). We added one more strip of plywood to add a little more clearance.
gallery_6950_1454_96928.jpg

JeffWright said:
They are screwed into the floor (which is a little scary being under the camper while on the tripod jacks). We added one more strip of plywood to add a little more clearance.
gallery_6950_1454_96928.jpg
Why not run them north/south instead and gain under camper storage. Tim Morrisey did something like that and had a drawer in between for skis and such.

Hi Vic, we discussed that earlier and I included the link to the ski drawer setup.

Back
Top Bottom