Pliney the YOUNGER

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
I'm a big fan of Pliney the Elder, a Double IPA with high ratings on several beer websites, and have mentioned it a number of times. It is in limited production and can be very hard to get.
Even more highly rated and more difficult to get is Pliney the Younger. Russian River Brewing Company only makes one batch of this Triple IPA a year, releasing it on the first Friday of February. That would be February 1 this year. It is available only on tap at the brewery and a select few on their distribution list. The line at the brewpub can be literally two blocks long for lunch or dinner during this time. You are limited to two small glasses and it sells out within two weeks.
Combined that with Superbowl weekend and a local team participating, this weekend will be crazy. I'm betting on Monday being a little slower. Got my DD lined up. Let the boss know I won't be in Monday. :D

Worthy cause Ted. God speed.

Sounds good to me may have to be vokda-even if Suzieville is melting down-I mean it[s been in the 50's today after being in the zeros for so long-go Niners-to the coast later, tonight, it 's watching the "h" on TMC and a few!

Smoke

Smoke

Did we get to the door? I went down thinking I might be able to stand an hour or so...the line was down the block around the corner and into the parking lot behind the brewery....

no younger for me...went to the store and found some "Damnation"...

This year it was more than crazy...

Got there Monday at about 11:00 AM. Two hour wait to get in the door. Another hour for a table once inside. At least we could get beer and appetizers while waiting for the table.

A coworker went on Saturday. Established his place in line. Went to Lagunitas and Bear Republic and got back 5 hours later. His spot in line was still two hours out!

For future planning... Go during the Superbowl, there was no line at all. Or if you just want to purchase other beers, go to the back door by the parking lot and you can avoid the madness.

I found the Younger to be similar in taste to the Elder but much stronger. Actually too much so for my taste. Too heavy of a beer to enjoy. Switched back to the Elder after only one Younger.

BTW, for being such a fan of this beer, you would think I noticed I've been speeling it wrong. Pliny, no e. See what drinking beer does to you! :cautious:

no e

Attachments

• Lassen-Feb2013-047-web.jpg
    Lassen-Feb2013-047-web.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom