Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/2 ton (tundra, f150, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <1/2 ton (tacoma, ranger, etc)

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

brett13

Lovecock
I'm curious what kind of truck everyone has for their FWC?
1. 1-ton
2. 3/4-ton
3. 1/2-ton (tundra, f150, 1500 etc)

My F150 with the FX4 off road package with stiffer suspension handled the camper like a champ with no mods.

2004 Toyota Tacoma
Ex. Cab V-6 4x4

I love this truck!

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

truck poll...

1994 Mazda B4000 4wd

Attachments

• 2006-7 trip album1 001.jpg
    2006-7 trip album1 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 441
Dodge 4X4 CTD short bed. Love the engine.

After my last truck and heavy camper experience, the one thing I will never do again is push the gvw limits. All the fwc does to my truck is make it ride better. If you think you need springs, shocks, bags, sway bars etc, I'd suggest you really need a bigger truck.

superduty

I just got my Hawk FWC camper yesterday. I got it on my 2000 Ford F-350 Diesel crew cab short bed. This truck is over kill for the camper, but it doesnt hurt my MPG. These campers are really cool.

Lance

hawk shell on Dodge Ram 1500 ext cab, short bed
4x4. I'd love a new truck, but it ain't broke. Works well, gets me there!

'97 Toyota T100 SR5 XCab 4x4
3.4ltr V6 w/TRD Supercharger
ARB Air Locker, Airlift Airbags, Rancho 9000's, etc.
...not to ride better on the road, to ride further off the beaten path ;)

Livin+it.jpg

Just weighing in with a Ford F250 extra cab short bed "gasser" and a 2000 Hawk model:)

Another Hawk on a Tundra

Another half ton. But Kcowyo gets my vote for best off road photo.

Attachments

• truck at playa.75.jpg
    truck at playa.75.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 422
KCOWYO, I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you took that pic from! Was there a campsite just behind and off to the right of that spot overlooking the canyon? You were standing on a boulder and shot down right? Somewhere off the Needles Overlook road not far from Hatch Wash CG?

...I was trying to post a pic but can't. How do I? My 'manage attachments button doesn't do anything!

Figured out how to attach it. SO, this was shot just behind and to the right of where your tailgate is in the pic, I think. Shooting across the trail.

Second pic is my current setup for camping (at the same spot)...sleeping in the back! Now you know why my wife (and I) want a camper.

Attachments

• 05-04-18-UTtrip-021.jpg
    05-04-18-UTtrip-021.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 05-10-UTtripoct-(4).jpg
    05-10-UTtripoct-(4).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 398
KCOWYO, I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you took that pic from! ......Somewhere off the Needles Overlook road not far from Hatch Wash CG?

That pic was taken in Canyonlands NP, but it was over in the Maze District, about half way between the Hans Flat Ranger station and the Panorama Point overlook. We were out there for 7 days last May and as unique as the topography is to the rest of the US, when you're there in Canyonlands, everything kind of looks the same after awhile.

Just noticed I had a PM from you. Sorry I didn't catch that earlier, I'll go reply.

Ted, we could almost be twins. Except you have the cool access doors and I don't....:(

'99 Dodge Half Ton 4x4

I kind of wish I had 3/4 ton, but trucks are so expensive and this paid for one works for me.

Attachments

• Posting.jpg
    Posting.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 375
Back
Top Bottom