Porch light

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
Last year there was a post with issues on the porch light not working or having to turn it on and off several times. I searched and couldn't find it. It discussed some lubricant and how to get the amber cover off. Mine won't come on now. I have the same one under my side awning and it is fine. Thanks for the help and advise in advance. jd

I believe you just sort of squeeze that lens cover top and bottom and it should pop off, they are a little tough to get off which is a good thing I suppose. Ron

Mine failed and I installed an interior switch to replace it, I never liked the idea of some numbnuts being able to turn it on and run down my battery while I was away from the truck.

BillM said:
Mine failed and I installed an interior switch to replace it, I never liked the idea of some numbnuts being able to turn it on and run down my battery while I was away from the truck.
Very true and if we used ours I'd probably wire it interior also. The few times we've camped with others the exterior switch has the advantage of me being able to turn off the neighbor's light without disturbing them when it is forgotten, left on, and we'd like to see the stars.

Someday I may check ours and see if it still works.

Back
Top Bottom