Power plug/receptacle

boatbuilder

Ok, looking for a nice clean, flush mount receptacle (not a house outlet), only two prong to connect power to my Eagle. A power wire and a ground wire is all I need. Not a fan of the 7way plug and the 4 ways don't carry the load. The problem seems to be finding one that will carry a large enough wire size. I like the SMH forklift plugs but they only come in plugs not a flush mount. So, what is everybody using to power/charge their batteries from the truck alternator/isolator?

I used a seven pin from Ford for my Hawk, Flush mounted to the left side inside bed panel. It's Ford's fifth wheel wiring and plug. On my first installation on my F150 I used the Marinco Marine plug. My new Super Duty had a direct plug in for the seven pin. Both applications work well.

Thanks guys. The 7 way is not going to happen. If I already had it wired that way and it was in the truck already maybe. The Attwood idea is possible. Two 8 gauge wires (nice!), a covered female, flush mount receptacle. Sierra 2 wire trolling motor plugs look like they might do the trick.

2012 Tacoma and you did exactly where my mind is going. I just bought the Sierra 2 wire connector set on Ebay cheaper than I can get them for as a boat builder. Drivers side about 1/3 of the way up the panel?

Attachments

• DSCN3642.JPG
    DSCN3642.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 168
Those are Anderson PowerPoles. Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES) has standardized on them so that we can hook up our radios easily if we go to a new location in an emergency situation. I've bought .from Powerwerx and other vendors like dcpwr.com.
If you do many connections, a ratcheting crimper is easily worth the price because the crimps are perfect and the connector isn't deformed. I have used manual crimpers but they are less consistent.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom