preparing truck for my hawk

dennis 221

tundra trd with a tonneau cover on truck bed !!! do I have to remove all the hardware and rail covers that hold it inplace or just the vinyl cover ???? thanks

Depends on the build of the camper. There are different dimensions on different campers. Is this a new camper? Ask the factory, or seller, for the height from the bottom to the underside of the bed rail overhang.

thanks . Will call them tomorrow ! pick it up in November!! it a new hawk!

I will get my Hawk in January. A few weeks ago I put firestone ride rite air bags on the rear. Keep them at 10 lbs pressure now with no noticeable change in ride. Will inflate as necessary when the camper is on. I also looked up how to remove the tailgate (easy) and unhook the rear camera.

If you don’t have them yet, you will most certainly want E rated tires. I pulled the ones that came with my 19 tundra off cause if they saw a rock with my camper in the bed they would cut.

Yesterday I had four new continental Terraincontact E rated 10 ply tires mounted on the 2019 Tundra. Think I am now set up for getting the Hawk mounted, which should be in January. I like the feel of them and they are as , or more, quiet than the OEM Michelin tires.

dennis 221 said:
in Montana by glacier national park now
Watch your night time temps with water up there. When I am in my Granby in temps 0F to 20's I drain my water and just use gallon jugs to avoid freezing a line.

Back
Top Bottom