Propane compartment question

DonC

My new Fleet has two small bottles. Traveling solo and not doing much cooking I will seldom need even a portion of one on a typical 3 - 4 day trip. I'd like to remove one bottle for most trips - it would save 25 lbs and give me quite a bit of storage space. To make this safe I would need to add another strap about 6" back from the current strap to keep the single bottle in the back secure.

Do you see any issues drilling another hole and adding another strap in the wall left of the bottles? It appears there is nothing there??

The pictures show the bolt on the outer wall and strap on the inner wall. I just want to add a second strap on the left for when I only carry one bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpg
    IMG_3487.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3488.jpg
    IMG_3488.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 148
That area of the camper is a plywood wall, there is no problem in drilling a hole for another strap.

Well, not exactly! There is a 1 1/2" gap between the black plastic and the plywood wall of the floor pack. A 6x6 block is in the area where the bolt is. Push on the plastic and you will feel what I am referring to.

Well, not exactly! There is a 1 1/2" gap between the black plastic and the plywood wall of the floor pack. A 6x6 block is in the area where the bolt is. Push on the plastic and you will feel what I am referring to.

Jason - I'm confused by your statement of a 6"x6" block. I pulled the bolt and it is only 2 1/2" long. It just goes through the left wall. Can I drill another hole in the left wall?

I believe he was trying to say ...

The block of wood is 6" tall & 6" wide, and fills in a 1 1/2" gap in the propane compartment.

Jason - I'm confused by your statement of a 6"x6" block. I pulled the bolt and it is only 2 1/2" long. It just goes through the left wall. Can I drill another hole in the left wall?

I believe he was trying to say ...

The block of wood is 6" tall & 6" wide, and fills in a 1 1/2" gap in the propane compartment.

ah, got it. Can I drill a second hole through this?

ah, got it. Can I drill a second hole through this?

You can drill as many holes in it as you wish! :unsure:

Ooops, I stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom