Pulled the Trigger on Hawk

9 days left, like your not counting. The wait must be driving you nuts. I went by the Long Beach show on Friday and tortured myself again. Waiting until October to order mine is just killing me. Very happy and excited for you.

Timothy McGowen said:
9 days left, like your not counting. The wait must be driving you nuts. I went by the Long Beach show on Friday and tortured myself again. Waiting until October to order mine is just killing me. Very happy and excited for you.
Thanks Tim. You're right, the wait is killing me! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I just keep buying accessories to pass the time. It's starting to get expensive :oops:

Life can change in a heartbeat. Three days before I was to take delivery of my Hawk (on March 14) I totaled my truck. I have to say it was the worst experience of my life. Luckily nobody was hurt beyond some bumps and bruises, although I was sent to the hospital via Life Flight because I rolled my truck 4 or 5 times. Talk about putting life into perspective. I know it sounds cliché but it really did.

After things settled down and I got my insurance settlement I began to look for comparable trucks to replace what I had. I found that for just a few thousand more I could go new which was really a no brainer since everything would be under warranty. Not really the way I wanted to get a new truck but it is what it is.

Anyway, just thought I would share a quick photo and thank everyone who helped with my decision to go with a FWC. Can't wait to get out and actually do some camping.

Attachments

• truck and camper 3.jpg
    truck and camper 3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 161
Glad to see you're able to write about it and get back to whole so quickly. Safe travels.

Glad all is well. Events like that make you slow down and realize whats important around you. What better way to do it then wandering the west in your new rig.

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Very nice looking rig.
Thanks for the pics. A couple of questions:
Im leaning towards the roll over couch, with the exception of the table which I hope to resolve with a lagun style mod, I think its my preference. What are the reasons you went with it ?
I noticed you have a rear white door, is that something you requested ? Its the first silver spur I saw with a white door.

Thanks and safe travels.

Thanks Dan,
In regards to the door it actually is silver (or gray really). It appears to be a vinyl overlay that catches the light differently than the metal siding. I thought the same thing when Mike was sending me pics from the factory.

As far as roll over couch goes, I don't know how to explain why we went with it other than it just felt right when we compared them at the factory. It seemed to give me the most "shoulder" room when I was inside. I also liked the option of being able to remove the couch with just a couple bolts in case I wanted to reconfigure at some point. I have to say though, the table is weak. I think the Lagun option may be the way to go. I don't know if I'm even going to take the stock table with me. I just scored a great deal on an Alps folding aluminum table for eating outside. Really surprised FWC hasn't come up with a different option for a table.

I don't use my table either and never bring it. A nice AL table to cook/eat on outside is perfect imo. We don't spend a lot of time inside so no biggie and is one reason why I wanted the roll over couch vs a dinette of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom