Puma Ordering w some special requests

crumbs said:
If i order a shell now do you foresee problems adding factory options later on?

Thank you.
The framing can vary based on where/if you want a propane tank, water tank, furnace, etc. Best to discuss possible future plans/modifications with Marty and Jeff. Those two know campers and how to make it work. Best of luck with your decisions.

before I go forward with my oder tomorrow: I am only getting the powered vent installed and wired for solar prep.. What are the reasons for placing the vent in the front over rear, and vice-versa? I can only think of two: loading stuff on top (including placement of solar), and the other that it would be closer to sleeping area...

Anyone care to share their experiences with this measure twice cut once decision?

I highly recommend a powered vent over the stove area - in the main camper body. I am in the minority and do not have a second vent over the bed area. We have never needed or wanted one over the bed. There are two big windows in the sideliner on both sides of the sleeping area for ventilation. For whatever cause - forgetting and leaving the vent open, for example - I do not want the possibility of water coming in on our bedding. Best of luck with your camper order.

These are very helpful responses. Thank you.

There is a chance of installing solar panels in the future--would having the vent placed left or right of center be advised over having it placed directly over the truck box center point?

crumbs said:
These are very helpful responses. Thank you.
There is a chance of installing solar panels in the future--would having the vent placed left or right of center be advised over having it placed directly over the truck box center point?
If I'm not mistaken, there is a center rib, so the vents are always off center. There is a slight chance fore and aft placement might have an impact on your panel size. Let ATC know what you're thinking.

I have powered vents both front and rear. The one that gets the most use is the one over the bed. A little breeze on a hot still night makes for a better nights sleep.

Hi Crumbs
Speaking with Jeff during our order about future what if's. Had frame done so we could install a water heater and A/C unit. Minimal cost. You could do same for vents run power and have frame built for vent by not install. Like Wandering Sagebrush skin talk with Marty and Jeff, you never know and they do it all the time.
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom