Push Board

gvitek

Has anyone ever had to replace the hinge on the back (above the bed) push board? It appears difficult to get to. Here's two pictures below:

Glenn
2004 Tundra 4x4 w/AAL with 2006 Hawk
112107 4 Wheel #1.jpg

112107 4 Wheel #2.jpg

Sorry, I can't offer any advice on fixing that one but will be following the fix closely. I'm very surprised that a camper as new as yours would have that much damage already. It is very likely that the side to side motion that results from no anchorage of the bar with the top in the down position could have caused some of that problem. I have wondered about that in the past and will likely find a way to fasten the bar in place in the near future.
Welcome to the board and good luck.

Have no idea how they attach that but will be interested in how they tell you to fix it.

Hey Glenn

I think it should be an easy fix.

Let me print these pictures out and bring them to our Monday morning meeting.

I should be able to get you some tips and tricks on the repair from our production manager.

Talk to you soon ...

Hey Glenn

Just call Chicali in our service dept. when you have a free moment.

He will be able to give you some quick tips & tricks for the repair.

It looks like it is pretty easy once you know what to look for.

I can send you a replacement hinge in the mail if you would like to use the original style hinge again ?

Or you can maybe look for something a bit beefier at the hardware store.

We are also going to take a look at it here to see if there is anything we can use that would be a bit stronger when we are putting them together on new campers.

FWC SERVICE DEPT: (800) 242-1442 ASK FOR CHICALI

Hi Stan,
Thanks for the fast response. Yes, please send me a replacement hinge. I did hit a big hole in Baja last year and had to replace one of the tie down eyelet bolts. (You helped me on that one too!) Perhaps the damage to the push board happened then as well.
I'll call Chicali next Monday.
Glenn

Hi Stan,
Thanks for the fast response. Yes, please send me a replacement hinge. I did hit a big hole in Baja last year and had to replace one of the tie down eyelet bolts. (You helped me on that one too!) Perhaps the damage to the push board happened then as well.
I'll call Chicali next Monday.
Glenn

gvitek,
Was that the eye bolt on the camper, or the one installed in the truck??

Curious minds want to know..

TT

Back
Top Bottom