Question about Front Dinette

4x4tinyhouse

Hey there! Longtime lurker, first post.
I'm currently selling my house and thinking about campers. :)

I find the front dinette setup most appealing, however I have one big and fairly unusual question.

In a fleet or hawk front dinette, is it possible to sit in the dinette with a guitar? Or would the guitar's headstock smash into the cabinets/fridge/wall?
Anyone know?

Thanks!

-Ben

We have a Grandby front dinette. The seating for the fleet or Hawk is a little narrower. Should still be OK, move the table out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

In the Fleet, it's pretty tight. I don't think you could sit there and play your guitar. The table would be in the way, unless you lay it on the table and play with a slide!

You would have scoot out to the edge of the seat, but yes. Better to make the bed (couch) set up , then plenty of room. Either way using some back support would be helpful.

Rechecked just now, plenty of room even without back support!

Thanks for the responses!!

Might have to get a cowboy hat and take up slide, because gosh darn it I want that fleet front dinette!

longhorn1 said:
We have a Grandby front dinette. The seating for the fleet or Hawk is a little narrower. Should still be OK, move the table out of the way.
The Hawk & Grandby front dinette campers I've seen were the same from the dinette to the rear of the camper. The extra length in the Grandby was in the dinette seats.

Another possibility might be to assemble the dinette into the bed configuration and sit there to play guitar.

Paul

In discussions like this, with others and with myself, I keep coming back to the fact that this is a camper, for camping. Camping is basically an outdoor activity. Maybe you will find that you mostly sit outside to play your guitar.

- Bernard

Back
Top Bottom