Questions about Falcon

I have a Chevy Colorado crew cab (5 foot bed) and I am considering purchasing a FWC Falcon.

The Falcon is the only truck camper I could find that would fit my size truck. Does anybody know of any other company that makes a camper with a 60 inch floor length?

I noticed from all of the pictures that the awning is not attached to the roof of the camper but on the side below where the roof extends up. It seems kind of low. Could the awning somehow be attached to the roof?

I have yet to see a FWC in person and am planning on going to the Eagle WI location in the future.

I was originally looking at one of these, http://www.autohomeus.com/products/maggiolina.php
but I like the additional indoor space and features that the FWC offers.

I will post more questions as I think of them.

thanks

A couple of things. About 15 years ago I imported what appears to be the Columbuis model that appears on the AutoHome web site. There a re a number of these types of roof top campers available in europe. People use them on mostly cars. I bought 4 of them in and was able to sell 3 of them and used one myself.

It was great when I was using an SUV to camp. It provided a queen size bed, was easy to set up which is nice when its pouring out side. Remember no heater but a nice place to lay down in a storm rather then trying to huddle in a shell in the back of your truck. I did use it for a year or so on my Nissan P/U in conjunction with a lumber rack. But in both cases it was impossible to put on by myself and a bit of a task with help. It was like a spinnaker in any wind over 8 knots or so. It makes an already top heavy vehicle even more so. There were a number of times even at a crawl when going into canyons I had tipping moments that were a bit scary. But it did serve its purpose.

The FWC awning height seems to be fine where its mounted remember it's 6 to 10 inches above your cab depending on the vehicle. You can load and unload the FWC yourself.

You dont need a ladder to enter it (remember there is the occasional tequila night). It is infinately more comfortable. It provides real stand up shelter and is very stable in the high winds of the southwest and Baja. As far as bed length goes you can use a 6 foot model with the tail gate down. I use an 8 foot model (Ranger) on my 6 foot bed with the tail gate down. And remember its only 800 lbs. There are usually several used ones available to the dilligent and a great web of users with lots of info.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom