Quick Help?!

kcowyo

I'm heading out of town in a couple of hours for a week in Montana.

Last night while packing up I noticed the glass window in the back door had dropped down about 1/2 an inch!?!? It was like a car door window someone had rolled down a little.

I was able to push it back up with my hands but obviously I'm very concerned as I have several washboard roads on the itinerary this week. I've got duct tape and a trashbag on standby if the window drops out and shatters on the trail but WTH?

Should I pick up some clear caulk on the road and try to reseal it at the top or.....?

I'm leaving at noon-ish Mountain Time today. If anyone has a suggestion or tip I would be very grateful. I'm bringing my laptop and hope to have internet access until lunchtime Thursday if anyone can post up some help before that. After that I'm boonie bound until I get back next week.

Thanks so much!

I saw the same thing when I picked up my Hawk in Redondo Beach. I just slide the glass back up again with the palm of my hand.

I don't think it's a good idea to tighten the window frame screws. I was going to take the frame apart and shim the window up with a piece of rubber, like perhaps an O-ring of the right diameter cut apart to make a 'snake'.

Excellent davinski, thanks for the link.

I knew this was a common problem but in my slight panic I forgot to use the "Search" feature. I missed that thread previously.

No time for a door tear-down and reassemble before heading out. Hopefully a little clear caulk and my ghetto trashbag solution (if necessary) will get me through this week until I get back.

I'll still be checking this thread for the next 24 hours if anyone else has any words of wisdom.

Thanks again!

KC,
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Hope you have a great trip!

I had to replace the door glass on my last camper and it really was no problem. You should be able to remove the trim piece and use your caulk to hold the glass in place then screw the trim ring back in place.

Hey man, if you swing though bozeman, don't be afraid to give me a shout!

oly884 (at) gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom