Quick trip to Ice House reservoir

craig333

Riley's Human
One nice thing about bad weather is it sure kept the crowds down. Sprinkled on and off friday and saturday. Light rain on Sunday when we packed up. Chose a regular campground because we were trying to get some old work people together who aren't really into dry camping. Lakes very nice. Fishing was very good we were told (and I didnt' know it but it was a free (no license required) fishing day and I didn't bring a pole).

/sigh This is where I was going to post the pics. I took quite a few, or at least I thought I did. Either my camera was full (i forgot to put the flash card back in) or I had some setting incorrect. I guess its pays to take a look now and then on what you have in the field.

Craig,

We took a quick 2 nighter last week and intended to camp along the Silver Fork of the American River but ended up at Ice House. We went through South Lake Tahoe to hi-way 88 and toured the lakes and camp grounds around Kirkwood then down Silver Fork Road to the camp ground. The first camp was closed for the season, the second camp was closed for the season. Out came the maps and the closest good looking spot was Ice House Res. which we'd never been to before. We ended up spending Monday and Tuesday nights (9/17 & 9/18) at the far end of the main camp ground right on the lake (well about 60 feet above it). Turned out to be a nice quite camp site with a lake view from the whole thing. We didn't take any pictures for some unknown reason.

It turns out we did take a couple of pictures at Ice House. Nothing great but here they are.

Attachments

• phpoUV6oyPM.jpg
    phpoUV6oyPM.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 231
  • phphjs1ftPM.jpg
    phphjs1ftPM.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 227

Back
Top Bottom