Racetrack Playa explanation from the Physics Girl

Though I never watched the sitcom "Big Bang Theory", I'm told that a running joke within the dialog was a constant running down of geologists as a lesser species among scientists, and notably inferior to physicists.

If that's a correct summary, it is with a hint of smugness that I note that a geologist (a paleobiologist having earned his undergraduate and both graduate degrees in geology) and an engineer actually solved the riddle, and did so in the old fashioned way--with solid field work. Best is that the popular "Physics Girl" acknowledges that.

Foy

I'm pretty sure they figured this out quite some time ago (especially since there are signs out there explaining it) but still a good video.

kmcintyre said:
I'm pretty sure they figured this out quite some time ago (especially since there are signs out there explaining it) but still a good video.
Believe the Norris cousins' field observations were 12/23/2013. Wind-driven ice postulated before, but the final "Eureka" proof in the pudding that even thin plates of ice could accumulate and form an "ice shove" was first observed on 12/23/2013?

Back
Top Bottom