Random FWC Photos

So I see that FWC has figured out how to put a water heater in the Eagle.
I would love to see interior shots of the new kitchen.
I hope they bring the new camper to Overland Expo.
Jeff

. . . t e a s e r . . .

smile.gif

Stan,

Is FWC going to start using the fiberglass siding on all models as standard? Or, will it just be an option?

Optional

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is FWC going to start using the fiberglass siding on all models as standard? Or, will it just be an option?

MARKBC

I saw your post from July 04, 2010 with the photo of your rig up on Abert Rim. Nice shot. That's the same week my wife and I were poking around the area and took the shots at Hart Mtn and Willow Creek that I posted. However, we didn't get up there on that trip. Last time I was up top was with my Isuzu Trooper quite awhile back and pre FWC. Nice area, have to get back there.

. . . t e a s e r . . .

:)

So, when will this be an option? Cost differnce?

Please discuss the pros and cons of fiberglas vs aluminum siding. Please provide documentation if possible. Does this sound like a dreaded essay question? Seriously, I am interested.

Thanks for all your help.

Please discuss the pros and cons of fiberglas vs aluminum siding. Please provide documentation if possible. Does this sound like a dreaded essay question? Seriously, I am interested.

Somebody said it was a $400 option. But I do not know, only read that on the internet.

The upcharge for the fiberglass sides is $ 400.00.

It is available now upon request.

At first I wasn't really too excited about the fiberglass siding.

Kinda stuck in my old ways of the original FWC with the aluminum siding.

(im slow to change sometimes)

But it is growing on me.

Looks like.

Customers have been asking for it from time to time, so we knew that someday we would have to go for it.

At this point I can't give you any documentation on the fiberglass siding.

We just don't have the experience with it.

We have played around with it for 4 or 5 years here at FWC and Six-Pac Campers, made a few campers with the fiberglass sides, and they seem to be holding up just fine.

Many other pop-up and cabover camper manufacturers having been using it for years with good success.

But my guy feeling says that the aluminum sides will hold up longer, look nicer for a longer period of time, a bit more durable, and easier to repair if you damage the sides of the camper.

Aluminum sides will be slightly lighter weight, but there probably won't be much weight difference between the two when all is said and done.

I think it just boils down to customer preference.

What do "YOU" like the best.

Hope this helps a little.

Happy Camping !

:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine on right. Other folks in FWCs Wandering the West none the less.

Glen Canyon Dam Mid September 2010

Attachments

• Trip2010-901.JPG
    Trip2010-901.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 561
Bryce Canyon - Sept 2010

That looks like Buzzman's outfit.. TN plates too. Haven't seen him here on the forum lately?

Wyoming -
1062026087_R4Miz-O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom