Random FWC Photos

:eek:

:)

Attachments

• Teaser 1.JPG
    Teaser 1.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 600
Look at the corners. Is that a molded FWC body??? :eek:

I knew there was something different about it, well other than the fact that it is "Raptor Red." It looks to be all glass, no wood at the bottom.

It looks to be all glass, no wood at the bottom.

No wood to rot. No aluminum frame to condense and drip on you on cold nights (one of our pet peeves since we camp year round). This is a game changer. You got my interest, Stan. Is it fiberglass or a composite like the XP? Is this a one-off prototype, an option, the future for all FWCs? What's the scoop?

Is it fiberglass or a composite like the XP? Is this a one-off prototype, an option, the future for all FWCs? What's the scoop?

Yes, it will be interesting to know more.

Stan. Is it fiberglass or a composite like the XP? Is this a one-off prototype, an option, the future for all FWCs? What's the scoop?

Yes Stan, we've been properly teased now fess up!

Look at the corners. Is that a molded FWC body??? :eek:

I am going to back up here and say that I do not think it is a molded camper body. I think it is a molded outer skin for a camper. I enlarged the photo 10x and from what I can tell it does not look to be a structural body. It may replace the wood at the bottom of the camper, but at this point I am going to guess that there is still an aluminum frame that goes inside that skin. (Think about their no seam roof, it still has an aluminum frame under the smooth surface.)

Maybe Stan will tell us more?

Sorry for the delays.

I probably should not have posted that just before I left for home.

It is our normal style of four wheel camper, aluminum framed, but with the new fiberglass siding.

The customer had the camper painted at a local body shop.

I will post more pictures when it is done.

So far, so good. Still very early in the build stage.

I didn't think about the weather factor of the fiberglass sides for the camper, but I bet it will keep the camper a little warmer and keep the condensation down a little too.

more to follow . . .

I am going to back up here and say that I do not think it is a molded camper body. I think it is a molded outer skin for a camper.

Good call, OH. So much for my good eye. Got myself all excited thinking it was a composite for nothing. Oh well, still looks nice, though.

It is our normal style of four wheel camper, aluminum framed, but with the new fiberglass siding.

The customer had the camper painted at a local body shop.

Thanks Stan!

Back
Top Bottom