Random FWC Photos

SLO_F-250, thanks for the photos. We woke up this morning in the Alabama Hills. Three different owls sang us to sleep last night. Great place.

First Light Somewhere Along the Extra-Terrestrial Highway

gallery_1902_125_34182.jpg

Our first night in our new (to us) FWC Fleet..

Stopped at Porteau Cove Provincial Park after a day of skate skiing..

first, we scouted out our next overnighter
8400482642_d0c1debd4a_c.jpg

found the right spot at Porteau Cove and enjoyed the easy FWC set-up
8399382753_dfc5060e02_c.jpg

Received our daughter's first stamp of approval

8399382947_2198a56f9d_c.jpg

Enjoyed a cozy (and warm) dinner while enjoying a BC sunset

8400473212_c278c443c2_c.jpg

Plenty of room for a Stray Cats dance party

8400473528_70ecfac4f1_c.jpg

and easy to get rolling at sunrise to make it home in time for a ride

8399383929_dcc44efabb_c.jpg

Nice!

And the fit of the camper looks great. Good job grabbing it.

Thanks.

we were lucky, prepared, and anxious which made it easier to act quickly when we saw the camper for sale. Probably ~2 weeks short of ordering a new one..

Nice Pic Stan,

I saw that rig at the Factory. Can you comment on the rear box setup?
I was interested in the tools you guys chose.

Thanks, Sam

Took advantage of the new BC Family Day Holiday to head down to the Methow Valley in Washington's Okanagon for some cross country action..

A little stealth camping at the entrance to the Ashnola Campground above Keremeos, got down to -6 this night coupled with furnace problems, it was a chilly 1C in the camper when we woke..

8469210608_7cb40b4d8a_c.jpg

The Historic Red Bridge across the Ashnola River

8469210572_79d1b13726_c.jpg

The forest sites near Winthrop were very closed (and super-inaccessible) for the season, so we stayed in the Near Pine RV Park/Campground in the center of town. Had the place to ourselves, within easy walking access to the Old Schoolhouse Brewery, and the rest of down town. It was -8 outside, and with the furnace operating properly, we stayed ~10-12 inside. Running the vent to fight condensation makes it difficult to keep the overcab area any warmer, a tiught line that we walked to ensure that our 13 month old daughter didn't get cold during the nights. She slept solidly each night.

8468115783_8a335e3166_c.jpg

We are very happy with the ease of parking, popping the top, and having access to the camper before and after skiing.

Here we are enjoying apres-ski beverages in the Base Camp parking lot under Goat Wall while our daughter finishes a nap in the Chariot

8468115809_17dae0ee91_c.jpg

Thanks for your photos. It's been several years since I've been all the way up to Winthrop and many more since I lived there. It was nice to see a snap shot of the Goat Wall, abet it a small one. I'm sorry they don't plow out the couple of campgrounds next to North Cascades Highway any more.

Great photos Sportsman! That bridge looks amazing, do you have any other photos of it? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

I only have one other picture of that bridge, there was surprisingly more traffic than I expected and after a cold night we were ready to get into town for some coffee and breakfast. I'm sure we'll pass that way a few more times this year

family-day-6-of-54.jpg

a few links areHistroic Red Bridge and Keremeos

Maiden voyage in our new to us FWC Grandby. All systems go. Looking forward to many trips with this rig.

'99 Ford F250 4x4 extra cab shortbed with 235,000 miles, 2000 Grandby.

Alabama Hills using a GoPro as a still camera

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

The twins approve. Much easier than tent camping!!!!!

image-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom