Random FWC Photos

This is our first Four Wheel Camper in 1994 (IIRC), in Punta Chueca, Sonora, a Seri Indian village on the coast of the Sea of Cortez. I had a business leading sea kayak trips at the time, and I ran many of them out of Punta Chueca, which led to several firm friendships among the tribe. We'd leave our vehicles in the village, where they were well-tended, and in return my clients invariably bought a lot of the beautiful Seri baskets and ironwood carvings. Sadly, cheap machine-made Mexican copies of the carvings not only devastated the Seri craft but wiped out swaths of mature ironwood as well.

At this time the camper was still on our 1990 Toyota pickup, lugged along by a willing and reliable but frequently overmatched 22RE four-cylinder.

8500573241_9e10e54f8b_c.jpg

Pulled the "trigger" last week and picked up my FLEET FWC. Life is short...so if not now, then when? Thanks to SKI3PIN and "OURFWC" blogs for firing me up to get my own rig and get out there. Picked up my FWC and headed right out wandering. There was wine involved too!

Attachments

• IMG_3913.JPG
    IMG_3913.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 430
Life is short...so if not now, then when?

I agree, no guarantee of tomorrow. Live life the best you can in the present.

Congrats on the new FWC! Thanks for the photos.

<snip> Picked up my FWC and headed right out wandering. There was wine involved too!

Seems like celebration was in order. Congrats on you new camper!

Pulled the "trigger" last week and picked up my FLEET FWC. Life is short...so if not now, then when? Thanks to SKI3PIN and "OURFWC" blogs for firing me up to get my own rig and get out there. Picked up my FWC and headed right out wandering. There was wine involved too!

Lookin good!
I know I'm jealous.

Hey Overland,

Your first two pictures look very much like access to the Gunnison Gorge trailheads, specifically the road leading up to the Ute trailhead. Am I correct? If not, it's amazing how similar these two areas are.

I spend a lot of time over there and as a matter of fact, I am heading there tonight or early in the morning. One of my very favorite and frequented spots to hike, float and fly fish.

Anyway, thought I would ask.

Good Camping!

Paul

Your first two pictures look very much like access to the Gunnison Gorge trailheads, specifically the road leading up to the Ute trailhead. Am I correct? If not, it's amazing how similar these two areas are.

Hi Paul. Those are just photos I grabbed off the Four Wheel Camper Facebook page. Sorry for the confusion, I edited the original post to make it more clear.

You are getting good, Ted! I can hear the river and the stories being shared......................................................

Looks serene. Is that the Priest Hole spot or near Clarno...?
That is Priest Hole. The next night was near Clarno. Started raining that night making the drive out a muddy mess.

Ski, is that a spy photo of a new two story camper in the works?

Back
Top Bottom