Random FWC Photos

Glamping on Cape San Blas, FL.
P1010350.jpg

^^ Nice pic. Is that a plasti-dipped bumper? I'm about to plasti-dip my chrome one black instead of spending a grand for a custom one.

Thanks. That's actually the stock bumper on the TRD Sport's. The only Tacoma TRD package with a quad cab and long bed is the Sport. I really wanted the Offroad for the rear locker, may have to put an ARB one in.

Nice setup Stalking. My GF thinks "old man" when she thinks truck camper.

I'll have to show her this pic. I have a black regular cab GMC which is pretty sporty. This pic should help sell her on the fact the FWCs are fun.

First time poster, short time lurker. Got this '97 Ranger II for my '03 Tundra in August '13
In the process of a few things, from electrical, to thoughts on solar, to looking for a fridge.
One of the main things I researched, to no success, through the people at FWC was trying to figure out if I could "cut out" the "taillight" sections of this Ranger II model to better fit my truck. (The extra 4~" keep leave a space towards the front of the bed, and that extra weight placed further back on the truck) I was told that there is structurally integral framing that runs throughout these areas of the back left/back right of the camper and was advised to not do so. It was kind of a goose chase getting something this technical sorted out through FWC...Nevertheless I still want to do it, whether cutting it flush and welding a plate to the bottom of the framing would do the trick or not, I'm not sure...Thoughts?
Thanks!
A few pics from Yosemite and Lundy Canyon.
I will only answer one or two questions about the awesome Toyota Chinook pictured :p

Nevadamerica: If I understand your question, it looks like you could just peel the skin back and have a look. If you trim it, you will likely loose your tail lights...no biggie. Take a look at the old Grandbys and see how the owners trimmed back the part of the over the wheel wing to fit newer trucks. While this area may be structural, it can be trimmed back, narrowing the footprint to the old campers fit new trucks with no loss of structural integrity. I did this to mine after reading several similar rebuilds here on WTW. Works fine.

Hope this helps!

From some time ago camped at Mecca Flat along the Deschutes R. No steelhead but I did catch some nice trout and had a cool encounter with a bobcat soaking up some riverside sunshine. (I'm also trying out a photo resize app on the iPad - we'll see... )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 254
Looks like a nice spot. Good to see green grass and liquid water- sorely lacking around here this time of year.

PaulT said:
Otis,
SimpleReSize works well for me on my iPad. It certainly isn't PhotoShop but it does quick and dirty size reduction fine.Let us know how your app works for you.

Paul
Thanks for the suggestion, the app I tried is called "Image Size" and seems pretty straight forward, free, and as you say - "quick and dirty" - I just wanted something to post pics to WTW without having to use the iPad camera- so far this seems to work, I may try it out on the iPhone as well.

Hello everyone, my name is Alberto from Italy.
I'm happy owner of a pick-up Mitsubishi L-200 and a FWC mod. Eagle, and I'm happy to have found this wonderful forum.
I apologize if I use the translator, but my English is not good.
For now sending some pictures!
Thank You
Alberto

I'm happy owner of a pick-up Mitsubishi L-200 and a FWC mod. Eagle, and I'm happy to have found this wonderful forum.
Thank You
Alberto

Attachments

• FWC 1 copia.jpg
    FWC 1 copia.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 270
albero said:
Thank You
Alberto
Welcome to WTW, Alberto!

albero said:
Thank You
Alberto
Benvenuto Alberto!

Would be great to see some more photos of your truck and camper.

I found this 1985 FWC Fleet for sale in SW New Mexico. I drove down to look at it a few days after Christmas and brought it home. I've enjoyed tinkering with it, mostly cosmetic stuff, but also rebuilt both lift panels (falling apart) and replaced the furnace with a catalytic heater. I also have a 13 ft vintage trailer but the FWC is my favorite. I like the idea of packing light and carefully choosing what to bring. I also get much better gas mileage with the FWC. Its also very versatile and easy to use. I've had it out camping a few times and look forward to lots more!

Attachments

• 1423798979879.jpg
    1423798979879.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 297
Back
Top Bottom