Random FWC Photos

Here's a few random shots of my old beast..

Attachments

• fwc.jpg
    fwc.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 895
  • fwc-a.jpg
    fwc-a.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • fwc-c.jpg
    fwc-c.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 880
My 1978 Grandby on the 1987 M1028 above Elkton, CO from a couple of days ago:

cb2.jpg

Also met a nice couple from GA at the Sand Dunes and gave them the contact info for FWC. They didn't have internet experience, and have been calling every number they could find on others' rigs.

Nice classic FWC. I was hoping you would wander over here and post that photo.

Do I know you from another board? I've been wandering the west for quite some time, but my post count doesn't show it.

I've met the most amazing people and shared some of the best memories of my life- through both folks I've wandered into- and spent time with in really random places. And I continue to do so.

There's some good stories about that FWC. I still have the canceled check and the check the box (for upgrades) invoice from the factory when the original owners bought it from the factory. Along with various notes from that couple. I don't think they have half the days in it that I even do in their life compared to the last couple weeks that I've been on the road.

Nice rig Jeff.

Could you post a couple pictures of your side mounted lifting struts? Maybe open and closed photos.

Thanks.

Thinking of mounting my struts on the side when the time comes.

Here is a pic of the camper closed.
The struts I chose are 50 lbs.
They are 1/4" shy of bottoming out when closed and have a 1/4" still to go when the top is up.
I chose the side to mount to because of the lack of structure over the back door.
The top is almost neutral with a 125 amp solar panel on top.
Hope this helps.
IMGP0229.jpg

Here is a pic of the camper closed.
The struts I chose are 50 lbs.
They are 1/4" shy of bottoming out when closed and have a 1/4" still to go when the top is up.
I chose the side to mount to because of the lack of structure over the back door.
The top is almost neutral with a 125 amp solar panel on top.
Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Some pictures from a few of our adventures this summer. I pickedup the FWC Grandby new in Eagle WI in June of this year.

11 Mile Canyon (near Lake George Colorado)
Grandby 2.jpg

Rampart Range (near Woodland Park Colorado)
Grandby 3.jpg

Cotopaxi, Colorado
Granby 4.jpg

11 Mile Canyon
Grandby 5.jpg

Lathorp State Park (near Walsenburg Colorado)
Grandby 6.jpg

Gunnison National Forest (Marshall Pass)
Grandby 1.jpg

Man, I am a sucker for red trucks!
If I could have gotten my Tacoma in red, I would have been in heaven.
Your truck looks great.
More pictures please.

Jeff

Crappy cell phone pic from Rabbit Valley on Tuesday and dusk north of Moab from last week.

Attachments

• rabbitvalley.jpg
    rabbitvalley.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 759
  • Dusk.jpg
    Dusk.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 5,151
How was the wind in Rabbit Valley?

Crappy cell phone pic from Rabbit Valley on Tuesday and dusk north of Moab from last week.

How was the wind in Rabbit Valley?

Not a problem at all. It did pour rain all night though.

Your truck looks familiar. You didn't happen to be driving around Eagle County yesterday?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom