Random FWC Photos

There are 3 FWC's in the Vail Valley/EC that I know of..... but I'm pretty sure I've seen RJ around town too (@ Rocky Mountain High...LOL).
If not, there's a 4th FWC Eagle on a silver Taco hidin' in some richies garage somewhere in this valley 'cus I only see it every few months.

drive safely, all.

mtn

...I chose the side to mount to because of the lack of structure over the back door....
I'm also partial to side-mounted struts because it seems like the front ones would get the crap blown out of them by wind, driving rain, kamikaze bugs, etc. And it seems like the roof would have more torsional rigidity with side-mounted struts. Has anyone else done this side-mount install?

Here's our campsite in Green Creek Meadows on the east side of the Sierra Nevada

Attachments

• VirLakes-Oct-2010-101-web.jpg
    VirLakes-Oct-2010-101-web.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 517
  • VirLakes-Oct-2010-110-web.jpg
    VirLakes-Oct-2010-110-web.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 553
An all orginal 1966 Chevy with a restored 1983 Grandby. This truck and camper went on a 2550 mile trip from Oregon to the San Juan State Park in Utah this fall.

SanJuan2010 15 (Large).jpg
SanJuan2010 13 (Large).jpg
SanJuan2010 12 (Large).jpg

An all orginal 1966 Chevy with a restored 1983 Grandby. This truck and camper went on a 2550 mile trip from Oregon to the San Juan State Park in Utah this fall.

Is that your setup IT guy? I love how retro it all is! Nothing like well-kept vintage machines.

Classic, IT Guy! Rollin' old school, very nice!

I've got a couple of new shots to share, with several more posted in the linked 'review thread' in my sig -

1061996207_2cTYW-O.jpg

1042603255_dNmi3-O.jpg

1062000697_KECSg-O.jpg

Moonlight on the East Walker River, NV

And Mono Lake dry camp

Attachments

• East Side Fall Trip (14 of 16).jpg
    East Side Fall Trip (14 of 16).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 752
  • East Side Fall Trip (1 of 16).jpg
    East Side Fall Trip (1 of 16).jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 744
Is that your setup IT guy? I love how retro it all is! Nothing like well-kept vintage machines.

I restored the camper last year and sold it on CL. Later, the owner sent me some pics of his trip.

His wife even enjoyed camping in the old Grandby!

Next, I want to restore a 1989 Ranger that fits my 2001 Tacoma. It is currently stripped to the basic frame. All the particle board and fiberglass insulation is removed. I'm slowly gathering high quality parts and making plans. Maybe by spring it will be ready for some off road camping.

I recently finished painting mine and installed a new door. I am really happy with the new door.

193.jpg

192.jpg

A sweet memory from my 1993 drive from Ventura, CA. to Alaska and back with my son when he was 10 months old. We spent a couple of months living in this Four Wheel camper. Nice warm bath. I guess at 17 years old, he won't be able to fit in the sink on my new ATC!

Attachments

• SinkBath.jpg
    SinkBath.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 223
Here are a few of our camper. We've had it just over a year now and have about 15,000 miles of traveling already.

Attachments

• Gold Butte.JPG
    Gold Butte.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 510
  • Death Valley.JPG
    Death Valley.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 576
  • Wheeler Pass.JPG
    Wheeler Pass.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 588
  • Grand Canyon.JPG
    Grand Canyon.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 629
  • Burro Creek.JPG
    Burro Creek.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 574
A picture from our lastest ad in the Overland Journal.

Four Wheel Pop-up Camper: Sparrow Model on the Jeep Brute Conversion.

Attachments

• Sparrow On Brute.jpg
    Sparrow On Brute.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 549

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom