Random FWC Photos

Just installed the Ranger on my new Tundra. Just a bit more power and a bit quieter than the T100. Not as good on the gas though...

I don't think it looks too goofy :D

Attachments

• ranger ona a double tundra compressed.jpg
    ranger ona a double tundra compressed.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 383
As a fellow Tundra owner, congrats. I'm sure both the camper and truck will see lots of happy miles. Any idea of what the camper does to your mileage? I'll be heading west in the next few weeks to pick up my new Grandby and I'm curious what the effect the camper is going to have.

As a fellow Tundra owner, congrats. I'm sure both the camper and truck will see lots of happy miles. Any idea of what the camper does to your mileage? I'll be heading west in the next few weeks to pick up my new Grandby and I'm curious what the effect the camper is going to have.

I really don't know the MPG. I only have about 500 miles so far, most of them are freeway/city with no camper on it. I am planning an "epic" summer trip to Lassen Volcanic Nat. Park and again "somewhere" in August. I'll report back. BTW I have the 5.7, so your mileage may vary. I am expecting a lower MPG than the T100 but a safer ride. I am hauling a Ranger that sits within the bed rails, I think the Grandby sits proud of the bed rails, so that may cause some drag? Anyway remove the jacks in travel if you can...

Roger

Aluminess Bumpers

Sweet !

: )

Also look forward to our new articles coming soon on the build up of our new Toyota Tacoma -- "2012 Tacoma Build Up".

Attachments

• Aluminess.jpg
    Aluminess.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 1,517
Aluminess Bumpers

Sweet !

Also look forward to our new articles coming soon on the build up of our new Toyota Tacoma -- "2012 Tacoma Build Up".

Can we have some more photos Stan?

I would like to see what you have going with the rear bumper. Are there storage boxes back there? How is the rear bumper fit with the length of the Fleet?

This is not our company truck, but we are in the process of building up a similar truck.

Our new 2012 Tacoma is down in So Cal at Aluminess right now getting bumpers & storage boxes made like this too.

Attachments

• IMG_6948 - Version 2 (1).jpg
    IMG_6948 - Version 2 (1).jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 24,382
Wow, that looks really cool! Nice set-up.

Stan, any idea of the final weight of that rig? Looks like it might be a bit heavy when loaded and full of water!

Not sure of the weight ?

YES, you will need to add some air bags or stiff over load springs to the smaller trucks like this.

Good truck tires will also make a HUGE difference in drivability !

We will be able to figure out some weights soon, once we have our truck back and set up.

The Fleet Model on the new Tacoma all tricked out does look heavy to me too.

BUT, I got a chance to drive our truck and camper in San Diego last week, and I was SO surprised.

The truck drove so nice and handle great !

Cruise control set at 70 mph on the freeway and you could hardly tell the camper was on the truck.

Handled great around the city streets too !!!

Wow, that looks really cool! Nice set-up.

Stan, any idea of the final weight of that rig? Looks like it might be a bit heavy when loaded and full of water!

Thanks Stan!

Posted the photos on my build thread for future reference.

Hey Stan, any chance you guys would ever make some type of Clip/bolt-on equipment containers like that for us mechanically impaired FWC owners?

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom