Randsburg Rally and more part three

craig333

Riley's Human
Found a nice spot in the hills.

Head back into Lone Pine for breakfast and the Salad fixings for the Rally. I do believe I've never been further South on 395 until this trip. Roll on into camp about 11:00 and the rest of the group is out doing a trail ride so I have lunch and nap until Slickrock Steve shows up with his Jeep. We chatted until the rest of the group came back and Steve entertained with more stories. Unfortunately he didn't come prepared to camp and head to head out. That left me, Terry, RCPilot Jim and Camelracer to hold up the camp and do some beer tasting. The next day after breakfast Dick led us out to do some desert exploring. First stop the Burro Shmidt tunnel. Hearing stories and seeing pics just doesn't do justice to 38 years of tunneling.

The tunnel---

Side tunnel

Next up, Bickel Camp

Then it was on to the salt mines, err the dutch cleanser mine :)

Seismotite or some form of pumice.

A few sunrise shots before I continue in part four, Randsburg or Bust!

I forgot to mention. Before we took off to see the tunnel I accidentally turned off my fridge. Six hours later it was quite warm. Using the microwave for breakfast, lots of lights and not even trying to conserve, the lowest I managed was 81% soc at 12.6 volts. Had high cloud cover the last day too.

Looks like a fun time by all. craig333 thanks for the TR. Somewhere I read about that tunnel. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom