Ranger Ii Checking In (New To The Forum)

Ljb

Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Laurent from Tucson. I've owned my '95 Ranger II since December when I picked it up from a nice couple in Goleta, CA. Thanks to Stan for helping identify the model.

I've spent 20-30 days in it since we've got and and I've got plans on redoing the interior. The original (custom) buildout is super heavy plywood, and while cute, is heavy! and doesn't have as much utility as I'd like.

I added a cheepy solar panel to charge a battery for the interior lights. I'll post pics on the install in a bit. I'm probably going to add another couple cheepies to place in parallel to help run a reefer (I'm thinking the Novakool R1900).

It's been fun so far. Here's a couple pics...one from CO a couple weeks ago
8416_149712428588_516038588_2796671_7035689_n.jpg

And another from Organ Pipe last March
n516038588_1613644_4593655.jpg

I'll try to document what exists and what I'm going to do as time allows!

Cheers everyone!

Hola, I'm right down the road, well 290 miles down I10 East. I'm running through Tucson Sunday dropping off a motorcycle I sold to someone in Chandler and then taking the FWC to the North Rim, Bryce, whatever. FYI Harbor Freight right now is selling 3/15w solar panels with a regulator for $179.

Welcome to the board.

That looks like me with the towel over my head. Do it so I can see, not for a 4x5.

You'll enjoy the freedom of the FWC.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Been trying to scope out bits and pieces. Found an ad for a norcold dc-0040 in scottsdale. Hope the seller calls back. Got a line on a porta potti on theauction site. Now just need to settle on building material.

Barko, thanks for the tip on harbor freight. I'll go check it out. Good luck on your trip. I'll probably be doing the same loop in December.

Welcome Laurent. Looking forward to seeing more of your photography. I met a Laurent from Tucson a couple years ago. Have you been to Bend, Oregon?

It's good to have you here. That looks like a rare shell model, what with the full size window on the driver side. If I had bought a new camper, that is how I would have ordered it. Now you get to build your own interior!

Welcome and very nice pics on your website. You will enjoy your new toy very much! -Joel

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Been trying to scope out bits and pieces. Found an ad for a norcold dc-0040 in scottsdale. Hope the seller calls back. Got a line on a porta potti on theauction site. Now just need to settle on building material.

Barko, thanks for the tip on harbor freight. I'll go check it out. Good luck on your trip. I'll probably be doing the same loop in December.

I have an older small Porta Potty that is very functional. It's your if you want it. Free is good.

I have an older small Porta Potty that is very functional. It's your if you want it. Free is good.

I would advise against a second hand toilet from this guy :D

DirtyDog, yep, that would have been me. I was dating a girl up there. Funny, small world :)

KC, is that the name of that place? Post trip, I saw a green T100 on the expedition portal forum and was wondering if that was the same truck. Crazy wind that day, eh?
img20090425_0036-edit.jpg

Jay, if that bid falls out, I'll take you up on the porta potti. It's gonna cost me enough for the build as is.

Started ripping out the old plywood interior today. I'm having to jack up the shell and take it off the truck. Whoever installed the interior previously screwed in some stuff from the bottom and I can't get to them without pulling the camper off the truck :-(

And it's a hot one today!

DirtyDog, yep, that would have been me. I was dating a girl up there. Funny, small world :)

Real small. That girl was my room mate and you and I have met a couple times :p

Hmmmm...there are pics of DD on the forum....

is there anyone out there who DOESN'T have a DD chosen nickname under their avatar who wants to go and get 'em?
laugh.gif

mtn

KC, is that the name of that place? Post trip, I saw a green T100 on the expedition portal forum and was wondering if that was the same truck. Crazy wind that day, eh?

Yup, that was us rolling in after sunset. We didn't bring the winds with us, but we sure felt them all night. I remember stepping out a few times that night when the winds calmed and clearly seeing some amazing stars. Some of the better sunrise shots I've taken were up there, overlooking Gunsight Bay I believe. I'll go back again when the weather is a little nicer. The drive down from Escalante was exceptional as well.

I kept wondering, when we were playing leap frog on our way out the next morning, if you were on this board. I'm glad you found your way here. Next time, more proper introductions -

:cool:

I found a DC-0040 for $250 in like mint condition on craigslist in Scottsdale. I was coming down from Sedona fall color yesterday so I stopped by to check it out, and ended up taking it home. So now I have bed, fridge (I hate coolers), and porta potti - a 735 Marine for $70. Now I just need to decide on material. I think I'm getting a sample of Nida-core. I'm going to compare that with the gatorboard and see which I want to use. I think the gator board will be easier to work with.

Back
Top Bottom