Ready to Order Cougar

I80 in Iowa is closed

I found this post on dslreports.com as of 2008-06-12 20:35:10...The Cedar River through Cedar Rapids is over 29 feet and is expected to reach 32 feet! The 500 year flood level was 26.5 feet. The is beyond belief.

So, on Saturday 6/13, looks like we will be going to Sacramento via I90 or I70.

May the god of your choice bless all the flood victims.

Mike

I found a great Missouri DOT map that shows all the road construction/closings/floods/etc... http://maps.modot.mo.gov/travelerinformation/TravelerInformation.aspx

Sunday when we leave Kalamazoo MI and head towards Chicago, we will take I55 or I57 southwest towards Springfield IL and then I72 to Hannibal MO to cross the Mississippi River... that will only be about a 101 mile detour.

If that does not work out, will be head south from Hannibal to St Louis to get to I70 to cross the river... that will only be about a 201 mile detour.

Either way, we will avoid the entire state of Iowa.

Who would of guessed when I placed my order Aug 16, 2007, there would be a five hundred flood in my way when I go to pickup my camper?

Mike

We're at $4.50 per gallon in the Sacramento area and as you head up towards the redwoods it will increase.

Hopefully the euphoria of finally getting your new camper will help numb the pain of the $4-5 gas in Cali.

Yikes! I will save a tiny bit since my Chase credit card has a 5% rebate on gas and 1% on everything else. I am very fortunate I never ever have had a credit card balance in my entire 59+ years.

Mike

My final ATC Cougar configuration

My final ATC Cougar configuration...

From ATC...
  • No Refer (just extra storage)
  • Furnace
  • Two FanTastic 4000R Powered Roof Vents (I sent to Ben)
  • Front Sliding Window
  • Luggage Rack with Extra Middle Bar
  • Electric Water Pump
  • Mechanical Jacks w/Brackets
  • Rear Flood Lights
  • Extra 12 Volt Outlet
  • Screen Door with Clear Slider

Back
Top Bottom