Rear Awning?

tnscoots

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

Due to a boat ladder I have attached to the right side (so I can climb up to my roof platform - to photograph), I have no room for an awning. So I'm thinking about one for the back and looking for ideas. I saw the post with the SUV rear compartment cover, but I'd like something simple but larger and more substantial. I'll post updated pictures eventually as many changes are still underway.
Cheers,
tom

Attachments

• DSC00004 (3) copy.jpg
    DSC00004 (3) copy.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 223
Like Argonaut20 suggested, I would search the threads.

There are a few good ideas posted.

This is one thread I found on a quick search ...

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3551/page__fromsearch__1

here are a few pics of the rear awning we are using here at FWC ...

Attachments

• Rear Awning 5.JPG
    Rear Awning 5.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 479
  • Rear Awning 6.JPG
    Rear Awning 6.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Rear Awning 7.JPG
    Rear Awning 7.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 697
  • Rear Awning 8.JPG
    Rear Awning 8.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 301
here are a few pics of the rear awning we are using here at FWC ...

So when will we see a back awning that has a add on enclosure available?

So when will we see a back awning that has a add on enclosure available?

I'm thinking the smallest ARB awning would fit the back perfectly? The ARB is decently priced and has an enclosure option. I'm thinking about picking one up once I get my Hawk shell and I'll let you know how it works.

f.

No. :rolleyes:

But I do dream of owning a Fuso some day. :sneaky:

The Eagle on my Ranger is pretty much the max size I'll tolerate. Our outback forays involve lots of very small tracks that will at times not even allow the wider FWC models through. When the Ranger only clears trees on both sides at less than a inch it's too much compromise to go bigger.

I've owned bigger campers, a converted 50 passenger school bus, and at one point a LeSharo. The LeSharo got beat up a lot. Neither of those would do for our current photography forays. For the forays a simple canopy fiberglass cover for the bed would really be better, but too small for all our photography and audio gear and being able to sleep the two of us. Thus getting the Eagle shell and fitting it with a fairly minimal set of utilities.

My main thinking about a enclosure is a place to use our outdoor shower on the Eagle on the less common times when others are in the area. (my wife is ex Australian and that is a group that's very addicted to showers when camping) And as a place to stay out of mosquitoes when we are editing photos, writing field notes and so on. When the Eagle inside will be too hot. We live in humid heat, not the desert dry heat so many have out west.

The current FWC rear awning I can easily build. One with an enclosure I could do too, but it's a lot more work.

Back
Top Bottom