Rear bumper design thoughts and fabricator....

Advmoto18

Not wanting to hijack Bombsight's Aluminess thread....

Since I didn't get my receiver fab'd into the front bumper, I need to find a way to tote my generator. I'm thinking an Aluminess box is the best alternative. I have 6 jerry cans and haven't found a need for other than a single water can to refill the camper tank. I carry that can in an AT carrier installed on the right rear camper-jack bracket. I've only ventured into Baja Norte and sourcing ULSD has never been an issue.

My new puppy will be 7 months old in April. If she is mature enough (which I seriously doubt since labs think they are a puppy well past 5 years) I might have to plan a trip to Santa Fe and then up to Idaho Falls and see CBI for a custom rear bumper spec'd to my needs.

What I need...
1. A box or spare tire carrier on the left rear swingarm locked open that still allows the camper door to attach to the gust lock.
2. A box to stow 20.2" x 11.4" x 16.7" Honda EU2000i generator. Thinking the Aluminess Deluxe Box. If too tall and interferes with the AT jerry can carrier, then the Aluminess Galley box.
3. A bumper that still allows me to install my custom Joe Hauler moto carrier because leaving the KTM at home is not an option.

CBI made a custom front/rear bumper setup for Sportsmobile so they have the know how. Now I need to fatten my wallet.

Screenshot_2017-11-21_17.51.28.png

Screenshot_2017-11-21_17.52.11.png

I really like the seamless excution in the CBI custom design. Almost a work of art rather than a generic to brand bolt-on. Note the small gaps between the bumper and body in top picture. My Aluminess had a huge gap.

The CBI box picture above is far too deep to suit my purposes. It would prevent carrying my KTM.

I almost went with the Aluminess Deluxe box but didn't just because I don't need that much storage. They can make the boxes to hinge open down or swing to the side also. Ron

I have the deluxe box on my Aluminess rear and sometimes carry my Honda EU2000i in it and there is room above inside for a shelf to carry a few extra items like leveling blocks, etc.

Stalking Light said:
I have the deluxe box on my Aluminess rear and sometimes carry my Honda EU2000i in it and there is room above inside for a shelf to carry a few extra items like leveling blocks, etc.
Thanks for the info Charlie! That is helpful!
Bill

20161203_113910_1486053823960_resized.jpg

I prefer the single swing away, it leaves one side of the truck so that you don't have to walk around something, also gives me a larger kitchen counter table to work at. Ron

I mostly use a Partner stove but if just making something simple or heating coffee water the little Coleman single burner stoves are quick and easy. Also gives me a third burner option if I need it. Ron

I like Ron's cooking table as well. The idea compact table that folds up into something else and not another stand alone product to have to tote is a great idea.

I also like the concept of a single swingarm. But, I simply do not see that being a practical design given the weight of my spare tire/wheel and the stuff I plan to stow in the box. I will likely have my own box design fabricated for the right swing arm so I can keep and continue to use the AT jerry can carrier attached to the right rear camper jack bracket. Further, the box can't be too deep to preclude me from loading the KTM on the Joe Hauler moto carrier. Joe designed and fabricated the moto carrier so it would not interfere with the spare tire carrier or open box of the Aluminess bumper when the KTM was loaded.

I currently use 2 REI collapsible tables and a Partner stove for my kitchen setup. I much prefer the Partner stove to all others I've tried and don't see leaving it at home. But, I would like to find a way to eliminate the 2 tables with an integrated table somewhere such as Ron is using.

Back
Top Bottom