Rear Bumper with Swing away spare tire and Storage box

You're going to need to be crimping (recommended) or soldering (not so much) eyelet terminals onto the winch cables anyway, convert the truck cables to eyelets too. then use the so-called "military battery terminals":to make all of the connections.
Like this, but can be found for less with a little searching. At one time I had CarQuest p/n's that got me these for about $8 each w/o the boots etc. USed these when I re-wired the CTD's starting batteries' cables.
https://www.amazon.com/Military-Spec-Battery-Terminal-Post/dp/B00X36RILW/

31ak5RyaOXL.jpg

You're going to need to be crimping (recommended) or soldering (not so much) eyelet terminals onto the winch cables anyway, convert the truck cables to eyelets too. then use the so-called "military battery terminals":to make all of the connections.
Like this, but can be found for less with a little searching. At one time I had CarQuest p/n's that got me these for about $8 each w/o the boots etc. USed these when I re-wired the CTD's starting batteries' cables.
https://www.amazon.com/Military-Spec-Battery-Terminal-Post/dp/B00X36RILW/

31ak5RyaOXL.jpg

Thanks for this but I will at least 4 connectors [brass] as pictured [5/16?] above on the ground side and 4 on the positive terminal [plus a three other lower gauge wires]...even with longer bolts they will not all fit on the terminals shown above...I may need some type of a bus bar.

Phil

If they're all bottom to top then the radial array tends to get quite large, but if they're bottom to bottom then two cables easily fit on each side of these connectors. The two cables on the right side of the + connector are assembled top against connector, then bottom to bottom, with a third heavy cable and several smaller wires on the LH side of the + connector..

i-8t7KNnt-XL.jpg

A positive buss-bar at that ampacity is the stuff of nightmares to me.

Thanks for explanation and the photo! Now I can visualize it...I think I can make what you suggest work...and I concur that at a potential of 431amps a bus bar seems scary..

Also will look into using the clamping bolt for attaching smaller gauge wires.

Phil

I assume that battery is an AGM? What is that plate section, other than a carrying handle, in the center?

That is one of a pair of now NLA Die-Hard Platinum Odyssey-made AGM's. Not sure what you're asking about a plate.

ntsqd said:
That is one of a pair of now NLA Die-Hard Platinum Odyssey-made AGM's. Not sure what you're asking about a plate.
Not important...I was looking at the rectangular section inside the handle, but I see it is part of the entire top piece...

So NLA..what would now be your best battery to replace this one?

Back
Top Bottom