Rear flood light install questions

May want to have a look at the light output of that one light, I believe you'll find that it is more than enough lighting. Ron

Yeah, one of mine has stopped working and I'm not even tempted to fix it. One is more than enough.

Thanks all. Only reason for pushing to get both is because I have a drift boat trailer so it is a little nicer having a beam of light down both sides when backing up on ramps, loading, etc..

Longbeard87 said:
Thanks all. Only reason for pushing to get both is because I have a drift boat trailer so it is a little nicer having a beam of light down both sides when backing up on ramps, loading, etc..

That is the reason I would like them. I have a 10 foot cataraft that I get ready in the dark and launch at first light.

Both green wires have been found (drivers and passengers sides). Somewhere there must be a spot for an inline switch that is open because the circuit is dead and no continuity back to the green in the fuse box. Sounded like earlier posters ran into the same.

How did you find them?
If you have a fridge the cabinet below the fridge on mine has a switch block.

FWC gave me measurements for drilling a hole that exposed the wires in each corner. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are a direct feed, no continuity to the main panel. I am guessing there is a spot for a switch to be added. Still trying to figure that out. They are always really busy in the service department when I call.

Green wire does have a section for a switch so it is not a direct feed from the distribution panel / fuse box. I found the two leads where a switch can be added.

Longbeard87 said:
FWC gave me measurements for drilling a hole that exposed the wires in each corner. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are a direct feed, no continuity to the main panel. I am guessing there is a spot for a switch to be added. Still trying to figure that out. They are always really busy in the service department when I call.
Can you share those measurements with us?
I have a new fleet on the way soon, and planned on installing floods myself, because $395 is too much money for two lights.

I am hesitant to list those because I anticipate they may vary. Once I got ahold of the service guys they were open about where they thought I should drill. I did find both wires which were capped and duct taped to the metal frame. It wasn't a big deal once I moved past the idea of drilling into the siding of my brand new camper!!! Then once I found them I realized there wasn't continuity back to the panel. They have an open in the circuit allowed for a switch.

I want to replace the rear floods that were factory installed on my 2010 Hawk with a pair of brighter LEDs.

I am curious what make/model others have used for rear lighting? i was thinking perhaps one flood and one spot may provide the best solution?

Ideally, i could re-use the mounting brackets, however it wont be a deal breaker if i need to install a different bracket.

I could not see any name or number markings on my OEM ones. Here are some pictures though:

Attachments

• 38CCBC98-4D68-4D80-956A-D509A8A08FCD.jpeg
    38CCBC98-4D68-4D80-956A-D509A8A08FCD.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 55C5D392-AA07-47A3-A4DD-6FA9942A3A7D.jpeg
    55C5D392-AA07-47A3-A4DD-6FA9942A3A7D.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 80
  • F4A95A14-DB82-45C2-A341-7E1CBE350266.jpeg
    F4A95A14-DB82-45C2-A341-7E1CBE350266.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 67
i am going to do the same with my atc. its a 2020, and has led, but the light is in the old school fixture, and not sealed. after dirt roads, i have to remove lens to clean out the dust. so, sealed would be a good thing. and maybe some type of dimming function

While my OEM lights have no identification, they do have those fins on the back with a fake carbon fiber looking checkerboard pattern between the fins that is pretty distinctive if one was trying to find them on line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom