Rear flood lights

JWL

I have searched this topic and have not found anything so sorry if I missed it.

On my Tundra, and probably most trucks, I have a cargo bed light on the back of the cab. In the cab is a switch to turn that light on or switch it to turn on when the door opens. I was thinking it would be great to wire that to a flood light on the back of the camper so I can hit the switch from the cab when I need extra light backing up or loading a boat trailer. Has anyone done this and if so could you enlighten me on how you did it?
Thanks!

I have planned to add a relay that is driven by the reverse lights that would switch a rear facing fog light, but it is a low priority and has yet to happen.

I installed a relay that triggers off the trucks backup lights. They do work great.

Relay is behind panel under my refer by the rear door, next to the switch for the lights.

P1110850.jpg

JWL said:
I have searched this topic and have not found anything so sorry if I missed it.

On my Tundra, and probably most trucks, I have a cargo bed light on the back of the cab. In the cab is a switch to turn that light on or switch it to turn on when the door opens. I was thinking it would be great to wire that to a flood light on the back of the camper so I can hit the switch from the cab when I need extra light backing up or loading a boat trailer. Has anyone done this and if so could you enlighten me on how you did it?
Thanks!
This exact idea is on my list of projects.

Back
Top Bottom