Rear solar plug on hawk?

dennis 221

Anyone know the top limits (watts) for that rear outside solar plug on a hawk .I now run a 120 bugout an would like to add a 130 to it ,making it 250. 2019 Fwc hawk shock everything electrical

dennis 221 said:
Anyone know the top limits (watts) for that rear outside solar plug on a hawk .I now run a 120 bugout an would like to add a 130 to it ,making it 250. 2019 Fwc hawk shock everything electrical
Those SAE connectors are supposedly good for 30Amps. 250Watts of solar will likely put out around 250W/14v= 18A. You should be good. Check the polarity though, a lot of portable kits use different polarity than what our campers are wired for.

Good point. We have two portable solar panels. I've changed the wiring in our camper so the non-Zamp is wired correctly, but it looks weird to wire black to ground and white to positive. Now our Zamp panel needs a reversing plug, which I wrapped with electrical tape to the plug so it doesn't get forgotten.

Thanks overland bugout is properly wired. Used it for 3 years. So thanks again.now to purchase a y style 2 plug adapter

Back
Top Bottom