Rear-view cameras?

srileo

Am wondering what you all do to for backing up your beastly trucks? Given that the rearview mirrors are useless with the camper on, and the tailgate mounting of cameras is a no-go, what are the options out there?

We live in San fRancisco and do not have a garage, and for the 1st year or so are likely to be using a truck as a DD as well. So parallel parking a crew cab truck might get to be an interesting experience very fast.

What aftermarket rear-view cameras have folks considered? Someone here mentioned go-pro camera + wifi on iphone as a convenient accessory. Thoughts?

There has already been a good deal of discussion on this. Try searching the forum with the search button in the upper right.
I use an after market camera on my bumper. It is essential.

srileo, as Hittheroad indicated, there is information on this subject in several forum areas. I use an Alpine camera that is mounted in an Alpine license plate holder and displays in a Pioneer head unit. It is okay but I miss the grid lines from the stock unit that displays in the rear view mirror. For me, having a camera is essential too.

Found the threads. Thanks guys. Moderator can nuke this thread if they like.

Back
Top Bottom