rear wall step placement

stoef

New member and I'm sure this has already been addressed,
but does anyone have any info regarding the placement of the rear wall steps.
Not many options for me as I have a refer on one side and a rear window on the other.
Only frame diagram I can find is of the frame photo from the 4-wheel website, is that consistent with all the models?
Cheers

New member and I'm sure this has already been addressed,
but does anyone have any info regarding the placement of the rear wall steps.
Not many options for me as I have a refer on one side and a rear window on the other.
Only frame diagram I can find is of the frame photo from the 4-wheel website, is that consistent with all the models?
Cheers

If you have a GOOD stud finder, it will find the vertical framework on the camper, it worked for me.

Cheers

Welcome to the WTW, stoef. The frames vary.

Welcome to the WTW, stoef. The frames vary.

Thanks for the tips.

Here's a photo of a Hawk, (with a 3 way fridge and rear window), showing where steps may be placed on either side. You will want to find the studs in the frame, this is merely for a visual. I understand installing steps after the camper is completed can be a bit of a bugger, particularly with a fridge in place, as putting the nut on the interior will be impossible without pulling out the fridge.

809367509_WH7at-O.jpg

Here's a photo of a Hawk, (with a 3 way fridge and rear window), showing where steps may be placed on either side. You will want to find the studs in the frame, this is merely for a visual. I understand installing steps after the camper is completed can be a bit of a bugger, particularly with a fridge in place, as putting the nut on the interior will be impossible without pulling out the fridge.

809367509_WH7at-O.jpg

Hey Great, thanks.
Is that your camper? If so, were the steps factory installed; nuts visible from the inside or buried behind interior paneling?

I assume mine were factory installed and yes, on the couch side they have exposed nuts. They are cap nuts.

It's temporarily mine...

Factory installed steps. The nuts & washers on the passenger side top step are visible in this photo to the left of the window, above the fire extinguisher. Not behind anything, but not obtrusive....

Where the couch bracket meets the bottom couch cushion in the pic, you can just barely see the round washer for the nut for the bottom step. Best pic I have at the moment...

812405690_QLk2i-O.jpg

The drivers side steps washer and nut are presumably the same, but they are not visible due to the fridge being mounted almost flush on the back wall.

812405541_5WKgk-O.jpg

I don't want to be negative, so let me just say the steps are helpful, but "challenging" to maneuver on. Maybe you'll be more coordinated and graceful on them than I was...

812405474_ygRFZ-O.jpg

Thanks to all for the assistance and info.
After having two pair of these sitting in my shop collecting dust for the past four years,
I have finally mounted the passenger side! Will move onto the driver side when I have more time to remove the refer.
Guess I just couldn't believe they'd bolt through.
Everyone's advice and photo's were extremely helpful...
Thanks and happy travels!

You're welcome, hope that helps.

Don't be afraid to stick around and tell us where you've been with that canoe & camper. Looks like fun!

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom