Recipes

EdoHart

Grasshopper
We've had some great thread's here - I think Tomas Tierra's sunset thread was my favorite.

How about sharing a few simple recipes?

1) Corn on the cob, in the husk.
Put an ear of corn, still in the husk on the grill, and cook it until all sides of the outer layer of husk is black. Be careful when pulling back the husk and silk because the inside will be very hot. I don't use any spices or butter.

2) BBQ Asparagus
Poor a little olive oil on a paper towel. Roll asparagus spears in the olive oil soaked paper towel. Sprinkle the asparagus with salt, pepper and garlic (or your favorite spices), then cook the asparagus spears on a grill until the tips just start to turn brown. Sprinkle with some crumbled Feta cheese and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar. This can also been done in a skillet by frying the asparagus in olive oil with salt, pepper and garlic until they start to turn brown, then add the Feta cheese just long enough for the cheese to start to melt, remove from heat and splash with balsamic vinegar. Optionally, add some bacon bits.

3) Stuffed mushrooms (kind of)
Take your favorite mushroom, remove the stems, put a spot of spreadable cheese - I like Allouette "garlic and herbs" (please forgive the mis-spelling) in the place of a the stem and either place them on a cast iron skillet with a lid over a low heat, or in a dutch oven until the cheese just starts to melt.

4) Grilled cheese sandwich - put a slice of tomato in the middle.

I could go one, but I would like to read others ideas.

Hurry up! canned food casserole

1 large can of chicken or tuna
1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
1 can of shoestring beans or peas
1 package of Ramen noodles

Pour everything together in a 10 inch frying pan or medium saucepan, including the liquid from the cans. Break up the noodles into bite-sized lengths while heating on the stove. Serves two hungry people in about ten minutes.

Patrle Sole Recipe

I got real lucky today, one of my drag boat buddies gave me about 4# of Patrle fillet, so heres what were gonna do. Take some whole almonds, raw or toasted, not freeze dried and grind them to the consistancy of coarse bread crumbs, coat the fillet with a small amount of oil, veg or corn. coat the fish with ground almonds and saute in a very hot pan with a combo of browned butter and veg. oil. Very hot, you want those almonds to get real crunchy, don't over cook, you're gonna love it and remember EAT MORE FISH P.S. don't forget the lemon

Back
Top Bottom