Refrigerator Problem

travelingdan

Advanced Member
Hello all:

I know there's been a lot of discussion on f*&*ing 3-way Norcold refrigerators, but here's my problem.

About two weeks ago I had my Norcold professionally serviced. I usually run the thing on propane all of the time and have found that the propane line (and other frig stuff) needs to be cleaned once a year. So I did that, and it has worked perfectly for about a week. Then suddenly a couple of nights ago it stopped. The red needle is in the green showing that it is lit, but the cold got up and went. I have been camping at 7,500 elevation. Could that be the problem? Or is it something else?

Dan

Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that I need to get that -- a similar symptom -- taken care of in my Norcold before my fast-approaching vacation.

Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that I need to get that -- a similar symptom -- taken care of in my Norcold before my fast-approaching vacation.

It's much nicer to take care of this little chore at home rather than trying to round up all of the tools necessary for the task while in the field.

Well, last night my refrigerator started working again. And I'm at over 9,000 feet in elevation. When I get home from this trip I'll check out the burner slits and see if they need to be cleaned.

Well, last night my refrigerator started working again. And I'm at over 9,000 feet in elevation. When I get home from this trip I'll check out the burner slits and see if they need to be cleaned.

i wonder, if you peek in the observation port, what does the flame look like?

blue and "active"
or
yellow and "lazy" ????

Back
Top Bottom