Refrigerator questions

cfike

I have a 2010 Fleet with a Dometic 3-way fridge. This is my first camper so this might be a dumb question, but when the fridge is running, how loud/strong should the flame be? I sometimes have a hard time telling if it is lit since I can usually just barely hear it and if it is daytime I can barely see the flame. The fridge has always given me problems such as blowing out whenever I drive and I wondered if the flame not strong enough. During my last trip it worked ok on 110 and would light on propane but it was a really weak flame and would not cool. After I got home I took it apart and cleaned the burner and burner jet. The flame seemed stronger and it cooled but I am just wondering what is normal.

You won't hear it and you will need to hunt around and angle your view to see it. Very very tiny blue flame. Uses very little fuel. Forget about the DC mode. Run on either AC or Gas. Enjoy!

Sorry, didn't read your message all the way through... As for cooling it should be just as efficient if not more than on AC. If you are in very hot still air the auxiliary fan helps greatly but you don't need it if driving or in any wind. Then only if it is very hot, say over 90. If yours doesn't have one that is an easy fix. They are only about 20 bucks plus some wire and a switch.

My experience: Periodic cleaning of the burner (not sure how often) is important. Several years ago my fridge wasn't working well and the burner was weak. So I followed the directions of this thread and the burner became noticeably stronger and louder and the fridge worked well again.
Of course, "stronger" and "louder" are relative...

Cfike I have the same year camper. I will assume our fridges are similar . My fridge runs relatively smooth on gas- as mentioned flame is always small and hard to find - only time the fridge warms is when parked in direct sun light. I try to leave it as level as possible

I have a three way that on gas doesn't seem to have any adjustability of flame height except for in the last 1/8 of an inch of the knob's movement. Has anybody else experienced this?
Gregg

Back
Top Bottom