Reminder

Flyfisher

For those of you who may not use your camper during Winter. Don't forget to open the camper every few weeks to check for leaks. I opened mine after the last storm and found mold on the lift plates. Fortunately I caught it early and was able to clean it up before it could do much harm. Then went about resealing some of the screws in the roof to take care of the problem.

A solid tip. Mine is on my truck, but I haven't popped it open in a month. Time to do that when we have a nice day here in Idaho.

Flyfisher said:
For those of you who may not use your camper during Winter. Don't forget to open the camper every few weeks to check for leaks. I opened mine after the last storm and found mold on the lift plates. Fortunately I caught it early and was able to clean it up before it could do much harm. Then went about resealing some of the screws in the roof to take care of the problem.
If I remember correctly, we had one member who found a block of ice in his camper. Winter leaks can be bad news.

I poped my up yesterday and ran the heater (electric) for a couple of hours. No sign of leaks.

Back
Top Bottom