Removing AC Unit?

BBZ

Hey All
Got a new Camper!

It has a little AC unit I would like to remove..

Does anyone know if there is an easy solution for this, like.. will a standard window fit there.. where does one source the windows? etc..

Hoping someone has some experience doing this...

Thx

Attachments

• new camper.jpg
    new camper.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 88
AC unit looks larger than the standard window. You could measure opening and have a glass shop make you a frame to fit.

I had mine removed. Its removal coincided with the repair of rotting wooden frame at the bottom of the camper below the door. At the time the window was not economically feasible. the RV Repair guy ordered new siding and replaced the old stuff. He filled the inside with similar wood. It did allow me to put another Jerry can holder on the camper. If you PM me I can text you pictures.

I live in Western Canada. I camp Baja. The AC stopped working. I didn’t miss it. I only really needed it once during a heat wave in Alberta.

I had to replace my Factory AC unit. Not real tough but the M1 sealant is some good stuff. The inside is mainly just flat aluminum for support of screws that keep from sliding out and looking good. Remove screws and gently remove the aluminum. Mine were stuck a little from the sealant. On the outside just remove ALL screws and the tabs for snapping the cover on. This is where it's harder. That sealant is a very good adhesive too. You have to pull the white steel strips out from the sealant. Mine got bent in the process but I was able to straighten back out before reinstalling new AC unit. Was a PIA removing's the old sealant but was able to. I am actually pretty impressed with the factory installation. I thought they just slid in where window was but it's actually made with exact size aluminum bracing the exact size.

Back
Top Bottom