Removing FWC Furnace

kingb

I'm trying to remove the furnace from my 2003 Four Wheel Camper to replace it. I was hoping that the whole thing would just slide out the rear opening, but no luck.

Has anyone taken a furnace out? Can you advise on how to do it?

Many thanks!

kingb said:
I'm trying to remove the furnace from my 2003 Four Wheel Camper to replace it. I was hoping that the whole thing would just slide out the rear opening, but no luck.

Has anyone taken a furnace out? Can you advise on how to do it?

Many thanks!
Best to call ATC or FWC Service.

Remove the plywood panel on the inside that is up against it. That should reveal connections and additional screws that hold it in place. This is if the furnace is in the driver's side back corner at the floor.

I removed the furnace in my '12 Eagle. I removed the outside exhaust/ vent garnish and pulled out the outer box for the cool air vent.

Removed the front cover inside.

Disconnect the gas line from the furnace from the front. (Gas is off and hose disconnected right!)

A few sheet metal screws and a couple of wiring connectors and it slides right out to the inside of the camper.

Re-installation is the opposite.

Thanks everyone!

I got it out as you described...
- disconnect the propane
- remove the plywood panel from the camper interior (aside from the screws on the outside of the panel, need to remove screws from L-shaped brackets on the part toward the front of the truck)
- then remove the 2 screws that attach the bottom of the furnace to the camper
- slide the furnace out to the inside of the camper

Back
Top Bottom