removing one seat from dinette

la_morris

Advanced Member
Has anyone removed tried removing one seat (plus the box it sits on) from the dinette in a Fleet shell? I am having some buyer's remorse about getting the dinette set-up. The entry to the camper is made very narrow by the back-most seat. Also, with two dogs as my main travel companions, I want to maximize the floor space as much as possible. As I have said in other posts, my building/repair skills are minimal, but it looks like removing the whole thing is a matter of undoing a lot of screws. Any experience out there?

Thank you,

Leslie

Hi Leslie, We have a side dinette Fleet and we would get a front dinette if we bought again. However, for us, the narrow entry is only a problem before we pop the top. With the top up, we just turn a little sideways after we enter.

Before you remove the seat and storage box underneath, have you considered just flipping the seat back to the other side of the seat? Ours holds position again the table. The foot area is still a little tight but there's much more room for hips and shoulders.
Tony

Good Morning Leslie

I've changed the side dinette floorplan of my Wildcat (Fleet) for the same reasons, see below. To remove the seat is very easy. But you are right there are a lot of (different) screws. But everythig is build very simple and easy to understand.
PA240029.jpg

Best
Johannes

Good Morning Leslie

I've changed the side dinette floorplan of my Wildcat (Fleet) for the same reasons, see below. To remove the seat is very easy. But you are right there are a lot of (different) screws. But everythig is build very simple and easy to understand.
attachicon.gif
PA240029.jpg

Best
Johannes
that porta potty cubby caught my eye. need more info. I need to build that

Back
Top Bottom