Replace Lift Panels

Theo

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to replace the lift panels?

I bought a late 90s Eagle model last year. At the time I noticed the wood along the hinges was weak but it seems like it has gotten significantly worse since then. I know the damage is caused by a small leak in the roof, which I plan to fix this spring but I don't have any idea how difficult it will be to replace the panels (picture attached). I thought I could buy new panels from the factory and then what? I'm sure that I am not the first person with this problem but I searched the previous topics and I was not able to find any advice; please direct me to a previous thread if there is one.

Thanks for any advice

There are some posts from the past that detail this. You may have to search the 4WC & ATC forums to find them, but good info is there.

~DR

another thing you may want to keep in mind, is the material on the sides can tighten up. I patterned mine by the existing panel, yet it was to tight and ended up causing the whole top to lean slightly forward and eventually pulled loose. I had to make the overall height about 1/2 inch short. If you have to do that shorten it evenly off each panel or it won't fold correctly.

Back
Top Bottom