Replacing Aluminum roof rack with Yakima type tracks

Indeed I did. I have a 2011 Eagle and found the aluminum rack was not strong enough for two heavy canoe on bouncing along logging roads.... some of the welds cracked. I removed them and filled in the holes with epoxy and once dried, I sanded and put a top coat of silicone for overkill leak protection. I found where the ceiling aluminum square stock was... it is fairly obvious from inside as well as outside, But I did ask FWC for the measurements to be sure. I put the full length tracks on and made sure to dab on the sealant over screw heads (As well as put sealant on each screw ....meaning... put it in 3/4 way then backed it out and put goop on it and then re-screwed it tight. They have been on for a couple years now and are great... much easier for boats and just yesterday I mounted a new 160 watt solar panel between the roof vents on the tracks ....an easy install. I think you will be happy you did it. Yakima bars and 'towers' pop off in seconds if height and garage door are an issue.

Back
Top Bottom