Replacing countertops

Barko1

98 Grandby, have replaced much of the wood/particle board and some remodeling and now I need to replace the countertops, over where the fridge was and the "kitchen/stove/sink area. My old stuff is cracked in several places and mauled from my previous cooktop/ignitor replacement. Nothing fancy, just basic formica is all I need. Home stores mostly have pieces with a back splash, don't need that. One referred me to a more upscale kitchen/cabinet shop which was happy to provide me with exactly what I needed, wood cut to size, formica a little bigger for me to glue on, from their scrap pile at a much lower cost than just what a sheet of formica would have cost me :D Now I get to screw it up :LOL: So check those custom kitchen places for their left overs.

I too have been remodeling my Hawk. Floor, roll end $35. Counter top $35. it to a roll end. I went with the end piece instead of the made up unit because I can use 1/2 ply instead of there heavy partical board stuff they use.
The main reason for the FWC is weight so I did not want to screw that up. Only thing left to do now is the counter top and door faces for the cab. Will be set for the May fishing trip.

When I replaced mine I used a sheet off loose formica over 1/2" plywood with a strip of oak edge banding to keep weight down.

Back
Top Bottom